Celebrity Summit Teen club

wdwluvin

Hello everyone!

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise onboard the Summit for next July. Yay! We are quite excited.:) Our previous cruise experience has been limited to Disney (5) and RCCL (1).

Our 17 year old special needs son will be with us on the cruise and, while we know not to expect a teen club like DCL's, we were wondering what the X Club on the Summit might offer.

Our son doesn't need a lot of group, high energy stuff, he mainly just likes to hang out and play video games when he is not with us out at the pool.

Are there lots of video games in the X club? Can he just go and hang out there? He is special needs (autism) but doesn't require close supervision.

Any insight would be most appreciated!! TIA

Edited by wdwluvin

He may like the kids club. We just got off the Celebrity Summit last week. We had 3 teens and 1 kiddo-- my 16 yr old (ADHD), my 16 yr old nephew (Autistic), my 13 yr old nephew (ADHD) and my 9 yr old son (ADHD). What a group we are!!

My daughter loves the dance party, etc. She looked at the kids club once and never looked back. Both my nephews decided not to go either. They wound out hanging out with each other and going to the entertainment.

The X Club was large enough for a ping pong table. They had 4-5 tvs with xbox or pS stations on the wall. They also had a loft upstairs. I didn't see many teens on our cruise, but it could of just been the week.

My 9 yr old kept trying the kids club but was very bored most of the time and wound up following his sister and cousins around. They would sign him out.

If you son likes the quiet stuff, he may like this teen club. Also, I found the two 16 yr old could handle the adult comedian and adult shows. They were R rated, but not raunchy.

He may like the kids club. We just got off the Celebrity Summit last week. We had 3 teens and 1 kiddo-- my 16 yr old (ADHD), my 16 yr old nephew (Autistic), my 13 yr old nephew (ADHD) and my 9 yr old son (ADHD). What a group we are!!

My daughter loves the dance party, etc. She looked at the kids club once and never looked back. Both my nephews decided not to go either. They wound out hanging out with each other and going to the entertainment.

The X Club was large enough for a ping pong table. They had 4-5 tvs with xbox or pS stations on the wall. They also had a loft upstairs. I didn't see many teens on our cruise, but it could of just been the week.

My 9 yr old kept trying the kids club but was very bored most of the time and wound up following his sister and cousins around. They would sign him out.

If you son likes the quiet stuff, he may like this teen club. Also, I found the two 16 yr old could handle the adult comedian and adult shows. They were R rated, but not raunchy.

Thanks so much for your review on the kids club. I agree, you had quite a gang with you! LOL!

Our son does like the quieter activities, although he loves to talk non-stop sports so I hope those Celebrity counsellors are ready for him! This is why we have stuck with Disney - the kids clubs and the counsellors can't be beat.

However, I'm ready for a change from the same old on Disney ships. I just needed to make sure there was something for DS.

Thanks again:)