Anyone off the Pride this morning?

crazycruzer68

Hi. I just got off the Pride this morning. AMAZING ship, crew and cruise. Mini review to follow.

We docked in Baltimore at 10:45 and got off the ship around 11:00.

We ran into two issues our last day at sea which held us up. The first was that one of the passengers had a medical emergency and had to be medivac off the ship. Then, we ran into some VERY VERY rough weather. I'm talking the kind that makes people stop eating in the dining room and hold on to the tables.

In fact, one women actually did an impromptu prayer while we were gathered to disembark thanking Jesus for getting us home safe (and of course the captain).

Hope this helps

Hi. I just got off the Pride this morning. AMAZING ship, crew and cruise. Mini review to follow.

We docked in Baltimore at 10:45 and got off the ship around 11:00.

We ran into two issues our last day at sea which held us up. The first was that one of the passengers had a medical emergency and had to be medivac off the ship. Then, we ran into some VERY VERY rough weather. I'm talking the kind that makes people stop eating in the dining room and hold on to the tables.

In fact, one women actually did an impromptu prayer while we were gathered to disembark thanking Jesus for getting us home safe (and of course the captain).

Hope this helps

Hopefully the lady needing to be taken off is going to be okay. The rough seas, is that normal for this time of the year?

We have. 12:40 flight home, it sounds like it could get interesting!!

Can't wait for your review!!

The airport is not that close to the cruise port, and I would not be willing to risk a 12:40 flight! On the Carnival debarkation information sheet they state that early flights are considered to be any time before 3:00 pm, so yeah your flight is pushing it timewise. We were also on the Pride sailing that returned today, 9/27/15, and didn't actually clear the terminal with our luggage until 1:15. Once off the ship there was a very long line to claim luggage and go through customs. You will definitely need to do "self-assist" and keep all of your luggage with you. When everything goes as planned, the scheduled debarkation for self-assist is as follows: Deck 6 - 10:00-10:20, Deck 4&5 - 10:20-10:40, Deck 7&8 - 10:40-11:00, Deck 1 - 11:00- 11:20. For people not doing self-assist, the decks are called starting at 11:00 with the last deck at 12:15. You will need to tell guest services that you must leave with the first group. All of these times are altered when "things happen", which seems to be most sailings. The ship returned late the cruise before us because of a generator problem, and on our cruise the helicopter medevac and the storm on Saturday delayed our return. The ship was rocking and rolling pretty good and many were sick and the show was cancelled. Not the best way to end a great cruise.

The airport is not that close to the cruise port, and I would not be willing to risk a 12:40 flight! On the Carnival debarkation information sheet they state that early flights are considered to be any time before 3:00 pm, so yeah your flight is pushing it timewise. We were also on the Pride sailing that returned today, 9/27/15, and didn't actually clear the terminal with our luggage until 1:15. Once off the ship there was a very long line to claim luggage and go through customs. You will definitely need to do "self-assist" and keep all of your luggage with you. When everything goes as planned, the scheduled debarkation for self-assist is as follows: Deck 6 - 10:00-10:20, Deck 4&5 - 10:20-10:40, Deck 7&8 - 10:40-11:00, Deck 1 - 11:00- 11:20. For people not doing self-assist, the decks are called starting at 11:00 with the last deck at 12:15. You will need to tell guest services that you must leave with the first group. All of these times are altered when "things happen", which seems to be most sailings. The ship returned late the cruise before us because of a generator problem, and on our cruise the helicopter medevac and the storm on Saturday delayed our return. The ship was rocking and rolling pretty good and many were sick and the show was cancelled. Not the best way to end a great cruise.

I have spoke with Carnival and I am told to inform guest services of my early flight to be in the first zone leaving, we already have arrangements for a shuttle to be waiting for us. If there are circumstances that cause us to be late arriving I guess I won't be the only one missing my flight!

... The rough seas, is that normal for this time of the year? ...

It's hit and miss, but very possible.

We usually cruise in Oct., and have had some rough, ... and very rough :eek:, weather.

Although I felt queasy some of the times, it was also exciting.

Hope you have a good one. :)

I am getting different information on the luggage express , my PVP says yes from Baltimore but returning guests say no. Is it possible this varies from sailing to sailing? Was it available for you?

This past cruise on the Pride we did self assist and were in our shuttle (to take us back to the car we parked at the hotel) by 11:15. However, this past May we were on the Glory out of Miami and had an early flight (11:00). We were told that Luggage Express was not available to anyone with a flight time before 1:00. So we had to so Self Assist and lug all of our stuff off the ship.

We had Faster to the Fun (both cruises) so we were among the first people off the ship. That helped. We made our flight out of Miami, but the Glory is scheduled to get into port a lot early then the Pride. In that case, we were off the ship before 9:00.

I think if all the start align you could make the flight, but that is cutting it really close.

Hopefully the lady needing to be taken off is going to be okay. The rough seas, is that normal for this time of the year?

We have. 12:40 flight home, it sounds like it could get interesting!!

Can't wait for your review!!

We left the Pride this past Sunday and had a 12:45 flight out of BWI - let's just say we made it to the gate to board the plane with 15 minutes to spare - that was with carrying our own bag's off and having FTTF (and a Guest Services had us jump in line as soon as we were cleared for debarkation)... and I had purchased Even more space/speed on JetBlue. Had I gone through the normal security line at BWI I never would have made the flight home... just my pennies worth :)