Just got engaged and needing wedding cruise advice

Hi..

Ive never been one a cruise before but we are wanting to get married on one! I don't even know where to begin the process, so I can please get a little advice or suggestions on what cruise to take and where to go? Ive always wanted to do a European cruise but I'll save that for me and the future husband! :D

I don't want a lot guest but I was wondering how it would work with guest cruising with us...is there a discount or are they included in the wedding package.. :eek: Super lost please help!!!!

Hi..

Ive never been one a cruise before but we are wanting to get married on one! I don't even know where to begin the process, so I can please get a little advice or suggestions on what cruise to take and where to go? Ive always wanted to do a European cruise but I'll save that for me and the future husband! :D

I don't want a lot guest but I was wondering how it would work with guest cruising with us...is there a discount or are they included in the wedding package.. :eek: Super lost please help!!!!

Your best bet is to call the wedding department for whatever cruise line you're interested in. I'm doing carnival because I feel you get more for your money. You basically pay for your wedding and reception and you and your guests pay for your own cabins. Still much cheaper than a traditional wedding. Someone posted a price list earlier, and I know carnival has pricing right on their website. You do get a discount if you have enough guests sailing with you. Good luck planning! These boards are super helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really need to decide:

When you want to get married

Where you want to get married- geographic region and onboard or on land

Then I would say try to narrow down the cruiseline.

Out of curiosity- why a cruise if you have not cruised before?

Im leaning towards doing a Carnival cruise. Spring of '17 is when I'm hoping to get married . Not sure about geographic region yet.. Im up in the air about an onboard or on land wedding. I guess it all depends on where i want to go right? Im thinking on board would be the easiest with having guest. Wouldn't want them to have to worry about transportation to get the the wedding location..

The reason we are choosing a cruise is because its cheaper than a traditional wedding and we've always wanted to take one, so why not just get married on my first cruise?! :)

• 3 months later...
Im leaning towards doing a Carnival cruise. Spring of '17 is when I'm hoping to get married . Not sure about geographic region yet.. Im up in the air about an onboard or on land wedding. I guess it all depends on where i want to go right? Im thinking on board would be the easiest with having guest. Wouldn't want them to have to worry about transportation to get the the wedding location..

The reason we are choosing a cruise is because its cheaper than a traditional wedding and we've always wanted to take one, so why not just get married on my first cruise?! :)

I'm getting married in January onboard the cruise in Nassau. The logistics for us were a little complicated with a group of 40 if we chose to have it on the beach. We requested to have the wedding start at 11 and it end at 12:30 that way our guests can get off the boat and see Nassau for a few hours. I also considered an embarkment day wedding but again the logistics were more than I wanted to deal with. I think it depends on the number of guests, where your ports are, and what you are willing to compromise.

You need to decide if you want an embarkation wedding so those not sailing with you can attend or a destination where you get married in one of the ports. The price is great. I am currently writing a book on planning cruise weddings, but I did get married on Carnival at embarkation so I have first hand knowledge of that. I got married in 2014, which wasn't really that long ago. Please feel free to ask all the questions you need. Unfortunately, sometimes the process can be a bit confusing until you get into it and figure it all out.