Questions about cabins

Dorothy

Hi All,

It has been a while, but now we're thinking of another cruise. I have sailed on Voyager before (we're considering her for next summers Mediterrean cruise), but I have a question about Suites. I have never booked a Suite, but I will consider it if it will work for us. There will be 3 in my family traveling with our best friends.(They have 2 children) I would like my husband and I to have some privacy and my friends would like privacy from their kids too. So, I'm wondering if Voyager has any suites where the kids can have their own room separate from the parents. Or, we are thinking of getting an adjoining room and put all 3 kids in one cabin. That would be 2 suites and one interior or outside. I'm looking for the most cost effective arrangements, that would allow us all to have suitable privacy.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Your best bet would be to ask your travel agent...you won't know your best bet is in pricing unless you physically price it out for the specific date you are looking at. Alot of time they won't let you book the 2 bedroom suites unless you have a min. amount of people in the room. For example the family stateroom has 2 bedrooms, and can accommodate 8 people, chance are, they will not sell that room to you (a family of 3) unless it was unoccupied close to sail date...which is a long shot. The other option would be for all of you to go in that room and that would be 7 people, if I counted correctly, but one of the bedrooms has the extra berths which means your friends would end up on the sofa. I tend to think in this case the 3 rooms may work out best, if you want to maintain privacy and sanity (and have 3 bathrooms)! You could actually go to JS's to keep the cost lower and the possibility of availability higher to keep the kids close by. One adult will have to be listed "on paper" in the room with them though, if they are under age. Hope this helps a little.

Archived