Boadwalk Balcony Rooms - Oasis

Squirty27

We've cruised in a balcony stateroom twice and will again in 2 weeks. We are traveling with our 6 year old daughter, and she's been on each trip up to this point. So, yes there is noise. But in our case obviously not enough to deter us from booking this cabin. I've read some reports that with the door closed you can't hear anything. Not true at all -- yes you can hear. But -- it didn't bother us or our daughter to a point that we couldn't nap or sleep at night. I don't know if it was because we'd all get so darn wiped out we could fall asleep with a buffalo standing on us, or what ... But sleeping with the noise was not a problem.

One thing for sure, I could not open the balcony door if someone was sleeping. First, the suction noise on the door was loud, and then the Boardwalk noise was really loud. The doors are indeed filtering out a lot of noise! The thought of drinking a glass of wine on the balcony while my daughter snoozed was quickly thrown out the door. No way.

Edited by JillianinMN