Falmouth Jamaica

cruisedisneyfan

I'm planning on taking the May 14th Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy and am wondering what people's feedback on Falmouth Jamaica has been. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. What would you recommend I do? Should I stay on the ship, do an excursion or just check out the shops at port? Did you feel unsafe there? Thanks for your help!

What kind of stuff do you like to do in ports? I have had a decent time there both at Dunns River and one time going to a hotel with a water park. But we are a family of 5 with 3 younger kids so what interests us may be different than yours.

What kind of stuff do you like to do in ports? I have had a decent time there both at Dunns River and one time going to a hotel with a water park. But we are a family of 5 with 3 younger kids so what interests us may be different than yours.

We are a young couple in our 20's. We enjoying shopping and sight seeing. We've hiked the rain forest at St. Marten and done the sting ray encounter at Grand Caymen. So that kind of stuff I guess.

Agree. Do a catamaran cruise to Dunns River Falls. Yes, it's touristy but its a must do thing. Skip to 3:20 in my video to see the sail and climb excursion we did with Chukka tours.

Loved your video! I went to Jamaica on my honeymoon and we did Dunn's River Falls. We are going next year while on the Disney Fantasy. I think we will need to go again so the kids can see how amazing the Falls are!

Skip Dunns River Falls and look into the Blue Hole. It's sooooooooooo much less touristy and less crowded.

We used Liberty Tours and can't say enough great things about them. Our guide at the Blue Hole was also awesome.

I did a full review with pictures on Trip Advisor.

What ever you do don't leave the port area unless you're on an excursion. Very trashy and not at all safe. The port area on the other hand is very nice and there's a cool Margaritaville. Most excursions require sitting on a bus for hours so we didn't do any of those.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me more about the hotel with a water park? We are a party of 8 with 2 children ages 4 1/2 and 7. Any other suggestions for this port would also be appreciated.

There are a few of them. I believe the one we went to the last time in Falmouth was the Jewel Runaway Bay. We booked it through Resort for a Day. Just keep in mind the 4 1/2 year old is unlikely to be tall enough for the bigger slides. When you look at the pictures there are 3 slides that are big, I think they had to be either 45 or 48" for those.

There are a few of them. I believe the one we went to the last time in Falmouth was the Jewel Runaway Bay. We booked it through Resort for a Day. Just keep in mind the 4 1/2 year old is unlikely to be tall enough for the bigger slides. When you look at the pictures there are 3 slides that are big, I think they had to be either 45 or 48" for those.

Thanks. I will check this out.

We are a young couple in our 20's. We enjoying shopping and sight seeing. We've hiked the rain forest at St. Marten and done the sting ray encounter at Grand Caymen. So that kind of stuff I guess.

We did the Tranopy Adventure through DCL and had a ton of fun! You take a chair lift up Mystic Mountain then a series of zip lines half way down, then take the ski lift back up. At that point you can do the bobsleds or have lunch and then bobsled. They also have a pool overlooking Ocho Rios and water slide. They had Jamaican dancers performing and a place to shop and get Blue Mtn coffee.

Highly recommend this excursion, it was as high on our list of favorite excursions, as parasailing at Castaway Cay.

It was about an hour on a mini bus getting there and an hour back, but was very scenic and I never felt unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app