Versailles and Giverny in One Day

windy12

I would appreciate recommendations for tour operators who would be reasonably priced to take us from Paris to both Versailles and Giverny with a guided tour in one port day. Thank you!

Might be too ambitious to try to include Versailles in the day's tour plans as it is South of Paris and quite a lot to do in and of itself. Giverny is more or less half the distance between Le Havre and Paris making it a much more practical plan. You'd spend a good portion of the day just traveling and seeing less - probably not so ideal on a port day.

I get wanting to maximize a port day but often times, trying to see too much results in exhaustion and the effect of seeing things is less exciting than it might have been on a slower pace.

I did check various excursions - there are many combinations but I could not find a trio for Paris-Giverny-Versailles combo though surely a private hire option could be worked out; I just do not recommend it unless your port day is at least 12 hours.

Giverny-Rouen is a combination that is offered which might be lovely - Rouen is a charming little city with great history and another Monet connection - he painted the church there and it is magnificent to see, as are a number of other places there. Other cruisers have added tours to Rouen in their port stops - it's something you might possibly enjoy...I was glad I visited there.

Another alternative might be Paris and Versailles - but trying to add in the combos of what is nearer to Le Havre and near to Paris are, I think, too difficult to add in all together for one day. Not trying to dampen the visit - only maximize the enjoyment of your visit :) Bon sejour, bon voyage ;)

To really appreciate Versailles it needs a whole day as there is a lot to see. Additionally, Versailles is alway very crowded during the summer months, so would also hinder. As lovely as Versailles is I think for a port day and I am assuming you will dock in Le Havre, it is too much.

Giverny and Rouen are much more doable. Montes Garden is beautiful, but also very busy.