Hampton Inn Vancouver

Rambler5678

Hi, Rambler ..

I have not stayed at the Hampton, but do know it has a good reputation .. We live in Richmond, but often spend a weekend downtown just to be away, and this hotel is on our shortlist of places to stay.. It is very close to BC Place and other sports or entertainment venues. Lots of places to eat from pubs to fancy! The hop on hop off trolley and buses stops very close by at the Sandman Hotel (about a block away .. Easily walkable). To the best of my knowledge there is no free shuttle to,the CruiseShip centre, but there is a shuttle bus that stops at the Hampton - not sure of the cost but informs at ... https://www.vancouvershuttle.ca/cruise-ship-transfers. Hope this helps! Enjoy Vancouver -it's a great city!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed there at the end of May this year. It is literally across the street from BC Place.

Yes it had a free shuttle to the cruise port. You had to show up at a certain time the night before to sign up on the list, and the driver has just so many spots per time slot so for your best selection get there early.

In my research it showed as being on one of the HoHo routes, the other was within a block or so. We didn't get there until late enough in the day that the tour busses were done for the day so we didn't ride.

Plenty of places to eat all within a short walk, ranging from casual/inexpensive(*) to fancy/pricey.

Breakfast is typical Hampton Inn.

Do check out the rooftop hot tub. :)

Another local who hasn't stayed in the hotel here confirming they do have a shuttle (it's to all around downtown, not just the port, so in theory it's not just other cruise pax but also folks who want dropped at Stanley Park, Chinatown, etc. you have to fight with for a seat). No shuttle from airport though - cabs are fixed rate $31 per carload to here from YVR, which compares well with Skytrain ($7.75pp or $9pp) for 2+ people for the convenience.

While in general I'm a big fan of Hamptons - they usually offer pretty much everything we want in a hotel without any faff that we don't - this particular one suffers from tthe lack of other downtown Hilton properties, so they seem to feel obliged to add on stuff one might expect at higher-end Hilton properties. That 'free' shuttle is why the rates are significantly higher than other comparable hotels around downtown - and with cab fare costing maybe $10 to the pier, it's a poor value 'freebie' for most patrons.

Lots of restos within just a couple of blocks, many (many!) more within 15mins walk. I can't recommend the in-house resto, Bogarts - they renovated, made the menu sound good but frankly are overpriced, underquality and generally just crappy value compared to similar styled restos within a few mins walk. If you have any particular likes/dislikes, post more info about preferences and budget and you can expect better quality recommendations.

Stayed here before and after our Rocky Mountaineer Tour, found it great service was excellent, yes there are shuttles and Hopon hopoff bus stops just around the corner, resturant on lower level was very nice and food also good.