Burwood Beach

enymarsh

So, we will be visiting Falmouth in December and think that we'll want to go to Burwood beach. Wondering if there are any rules against bringing your own beach enclosure (think pop-up tent)? We like shade and have a pop-up that we use here at home on the beach so will anyone give us a hard time about it since we won't be renting an umbrella?

It's my understanding that this beach is free for locals but will have an entrance fee... anyone have up-to-date information about how much it is?

And finally... anyone know how much the current charge is for a cab ride to this beach from the where the ship will dock in Falmouth?

Thanks for any and all information!:)

• 2 weeks later...

We just visited Burwood beach last week. Taxi inside the Falmouth gate was 20/pp round trip for a 5 minute drive to the beach. Expensive but still cheaper than a ship sponsored excursion. When we arrived they charged $22 total for two adults, one 6 year old, and 2 chairs under a palapa. The beach had some trash on it. Water is very calm and shallow very far out. 5-6 feet deep out by ropes. There were 2 or 3 'vendors' smoking marijuana and asking us to buy things repeatedly but they left after you said no. There were two lifeguard stands with lifeguards on duty. At least one of them was smoking too. The entrance to the beach is gated and has an attendant. Red Stripe, bottled juice/soda, lobster, fish and chicken available. I only had a beer, we brought snacks and insulated mugs with water to the beach with us. There was only one other family from the ship there on a weekday and a few local families. Restrooms were good for Caribbean standards, showers to rinse off inside each restroom as well and attendant cleaning them. I don't think they would prohibit a beach enclosure.

Edited by jlrn366419

We just visited Burwood beach last week. Taxi inside the Falmouth gate was 20/pp round trip for a 5 minute drive to the beach. Expensive but still cheaper than a ship sponsored excursion. When we arrived they charged $22 total for two adults, one 6 year old, and 2 chairs under a palapa. The beach had some trash on it. Water is very calm and shallow very far out. 5-6 feet deep out by ropes. There were 2 or 3 'vendors' smoking marijuana and asking us to buy things repeatedly but they left after you said no. There were two lifeguard stands with lifeguards on duty. At least one of them was smoking too. The entrance to the beach is gated and has an attendant. Red Stripe, bottled juice/soda, lobster, fish and chicken available. I only had a beer, we brought snacks and insulated mugs with water to the beach with us. There was only one other family from the ship there on a weekday and a few local families. Restrooms were good for Caribbean standards, showers to rinse off inside each restroom as well and attendant cleaning them. I don't think they would prohibit a beach enclosure.

Many, many thanks for your detailed review and description of this beach! I am not sure it will be the place for us but we'll be traveling with a one-year-old so it may just depend on what she is like that day. I am not overly concerned with the ganja smoking but the trash and the pricey cab ride don't sound so great...( we have 4 adults) especially if we end up only being there a short time because of the baby... I think I will continue searching for other stuff to do but will keep this beach in mind if nothing better pops up... THANK YOU!:)