Excursion to Fatima from Lisbon

Gitana

Has anyone taken an excursion from Lisbon to Fatima? Did you go on your own or private excursion? Will be on a TA on Freedom of the Seas and will be in Lisbon on May 2nd, 2017. RCCL does not have excursions to Fatima, therefore, would have to do a private one. Thanks for any info.

We were on an Oceania ship excursion to Fatima from Lisbon in July. It was informative to hear its history from the guide during the 1 hour bus ride to the shrine. However, once there it was pretty much "on our own" as it is quite a large complex with the church, the site of the appearance, the museum, shops, etc.

Getting there was pretty straight forward. I think the historical information is available at the site in brochures, booklets, etc. If a private excursion is very expensive, I don't think you will miss much if you can get there on your own. The nuns who serve as guides at the museum were extremely knowledgable and helpful. It was very special - enjoy!

Has anyone taken an excursion from Lisbon to Fatima? Did you go on your own or private excursion? Will be on a TA on Freedom of the Seas and will be in Lisbon on May 2nd, 2017. RCCL does not have excursions to Fatima, therefore, would have to do a private one. Thanks for any info.

Are you sure RCCL doesn't have an excursion to Fatima? I was on the

Navigator TA in May. We stopped at Lisbon and did an excursion with

The ship to Fatima. I'm also on the Freedom TA you are on. This time I'm

Planning on touring Lisbon.

I just checked my reservation on RCCL, there is a tour listed for Fatima at $82 per person. That's

More than what I paid.

Edited by JPEvans

have a great time! When i visited my inlaws in Portugal we always went to Fatima. It's so amazing! We saw people praying and pilgrimaging on their knees on the highway from miles away to go pray! You can buy beautiful rosaries that you've never seen anywhere else. It's just beautiful!