Price Drop

slotaddict

Does anyone know how long it takes for Celebrity to refund your money if the price drops and you upgrade for less money. About 3 weeks ago, I changed my reservation when the price dropped on the Zenith, TA said Celebrity would refund my money because I was paid in full. :confused:

Does anyone know how long it takes for Celebrity to refund your money if the price drops and you upgrade for less money. About 3 weeks ago, I changed my reservation when the price dropped on the Zenith, TA said Celebrity would refund my money because I was paid in full. :confused:

Did your TA provide you with an ammended statement from Celebrity showing the reduced price, what you paid, and the difference that will be refunded to you? I once noticed a price drop on Celebrity's Website before final payment and called Celebrity to bring it to their attention. Celebrity then faxed me an amended statement showing that lower price the very same day that I called them. It is very important for you to have a copy of that ammended statement to insure that refund was processed by your TA at the time when that the lower rate prevailed.

Thank you everyone. The final payment wasn;t due until 11/04, but we paid it about 2 weeks prior. Then the price dropped and I called the agent. We went from an inside cabin on the 4th floor to outside on 6. There should be about $ 100.00 refund. I'll make sure I get the amended statement.

All of this 'final bookeeping' happens between the time of final payment date, and sail date.

For example, when was the final payment date, and sail date of the cruise you booked in August? And when did you cancel?

Sorry I did not word that very well. Celebrity has had the deposit money over a year. I canceled in August. Final payment would have been due around the first of the year as the cruise was to be in late March 2006. Celebrity changed the itinerary for Century from 9 day Eastern/Southern ("Ultimate") to 7 day Western and that was not what we wanted, so we canceled. Lost $200 shipboard credit, but there just was nothing we wanted when we could go.

Sorry I did not word that very well. Celebrity has had the deposit money over a year. I canceled in August. Final payment would have been due around the first of the year as the cruise was to be in late March 2006. Celebrity changed the itinerary for Century from 9 day Eastern/Southern ("Ultimate") to 7 day Western and that was not what we wanted, so we canceled. Lost $200 shipboard credit, but there just was nothing we wanted when we could go.

Did you ever receive written confirmation of your cancellation from Celebrity? If not, it is possible that your cancellation was never processed.

No, I did not receive written confirmation from Celebrity, but I do have the cancellation number the TA gave me over the phone, and the travel agency did process something regarding canceling because I did receive a refund for the travel insurance. I think it is time to call the TA again to follow up on this. She said to give it a few billing cycles for it to show up on my credit card but I think it has been long enough. Maybe the fact that I charged it to my Carnival credit card was too much for X, lol.

Archived