NCL Getaway Gluten Free &Egg free dining

gretchenemma27

Hello all, so my hubby and I have booked a cruise on the Getaway! My first cruise and his 4th. I am beyond excited to go. That being said I was just diagnosed as being allergic to eggs and Gluten. So I am just wondering what food options there will be/wondering how difficult it will be to accommodate my new found allergies, as well as what steps I need to take prior to cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all, so my hubby and I have booked a cruise on the Getaway! My first cruise and his 4th. I am beyond excited to go. That being said I was just diagnosed as being allergic to eggs and Gluten. So I am just wondering what food options there will be/wondering how difficult it will be to accommodate my new found allergies, as well as what steps I need to take prior to cruising.

It's best that you call the access desk and report your condition . I am allergic to grapefruit and i'm on a salt free diet

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/accessible-cruising

The Access Desk

Within our Reservations Department, an exclusive team of seasoned professionals operate to help facilitate your travel via our dedicated toll free number for accessible travel (1-866-234-7350 (voice)). Specially trained in Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures, after receiving your Special Accommodation Requirements Information form, they document your reservation with information concerning your service requests to help prepare our cruise staff for your vacation. A member of the Access Desk will speak with you about each and every aspect of your cruise from transportation to and from the vessel to shore excursions, your stateroom and any other expectation or need that you may have.

Onboard

Once you have boarded, you will be met by staff who will have all of the information that you conveyed to Norwegian Cruise Line either directly or through your travel professional. Staff will be available throughout your cruise to see to your needs. Norwegian Cruise Line has Access Officers who will be the primary go to person for all of your needs. Norwegian Cruise Line also has a centralized internal corporate resolution staff to assist the Access Officer, available by telephone 24 hours a day.

Special Medical Dietary Requirements and Diabetes

Guests with food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others. We can arrange to have no sugar and low sodium meals for guests with those specific medical dietary restrictions upon request. Refrigerators are available in many staterooms for storing insulin

Hello , I have celiac and as w/many have sensitivities to eggs as well.

I sailed on the Epic Late January of this year and I will tell you they NCL does an AMAZING job in this department.

You should be sure you notify NCL of the special diet & or if you search your vacation -or write to accessdesk@ncl.com

What a major blessing it was to get on board & once my card was scanned into their system and @ my first dining the waiter assigned to you -who works directly w/the chef will follow you as long as our dining in Taste or Savor for example.

You will order dinner a day in advance -making it much easier-smoother sailing for everyone. IF you should change your dining plans -no problem -but if you should dine in one of the main dining rooms they have your order. ALSO btw -the buffet -only one particular side as there are two -will make for you GF pizza on request.

I'm sailing once again on the Getaway in 8 days - I can say even though I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago- my cruise experience because none of this was a headache made my time much happier. Now of course buffet has it's challenges - & the Chef can walk u through that as well--oh and they have GF waffles (frozen) as well as hamburger buns . =) Enjoy