Liberty tours

scubaslayer

We booked last May and are currently planning to book with Liberty again. The good: (1) the blue hole is fantastic - because the roads up to the blue hole are, at best, challenging, you won't be fighting with large tour busses for space in the falls. The young men they have stationed around the falls are attentive and engaging. (2) our driver (Finley) was terrific. Friendly and informative. Answered and and all questions we had. Repeatedly promised to either get us back to the port on time or let us stay at his house overnight. (3) lunch at Scotchie's was good. Driver called ahead, so no waiting. Walk in, grab a seat, and the driver takes care of the rest. (4) you break up the long drive from Montego Bay with a stop at a convenience store of sorts. Grab a beer while you are stopped. It's a long drive. (5) Always felt safe with our driver. He stays with the van while you go to blue hole, so you can leave some of your stuff in the van. I never thought twice about it. The bad: (1) it's about a two hour ride in the van from Montego Bay (where be docked). If we were docking in Ocho Rios, the drive wouldn't be bad at all. (2) Two hours. In a van. (3) On the way back, we stopped for a "shopping trip." It was a strip mall gift shop. I would have preferred to be getting back on the ship, where my drinks were paid for (Cheers). But, you take the good with the bad. Overall, the experience was worth the long drive. We had thunderstorms on the way back, which may (or may not) have affected the offerings. With the added traffic due to the rain, we were not wasting time getting back to the ship (although we made it in plenty of time). The good outweighs the bad. So much so, when we return next year with our daughter, we will take the same tour so she can experience it.

Thank you for this review. I have been debating things. It looks like there are only 2 ships in a Jamaica pretty that day, but most will go to Dunn's. I want my kids to have fun, but there was a disagreement on what to do. This looks like the best thing to get close to what everyone wants.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Note that time at the Blue Hole is limited (I'd say 45 minutes to an hour). Plenty of time for me and my wife, but kids may feel like the want longer. There may be an opportunity for a longer time, but our whole group was pretty much ready to go eat anyway, so we didn't ask about more time. It wouldn't be much more, though, since you have the long drive back.

I've never been to Dunn's, but something tells me it's the same over there.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Liberty tours and Ricardo twice.....first time from Falmouth and again from Ocho Rios. Excellent excursions both times. We had a really big group the first time and a smaller group the second. They will fit the schedule to your wishes. Both tour guides were awesome and if ever in Jamaica we'd use them again. So dependable and always felt safe - top priority for us. Hope you have a great time.