anyone use smartcruisetours lately?

momphoto

Seeing this as an option for transport to Rome and back to port. I believe it is 19 euros pp for roundtrip. Last info I can find is from 2015.

Hi believe from my research that the trip is actually with civitatours and they and Tuscany bus sell tickets for this. We were going to book before we went but decided to try for the train as would get to Rome earlier. The Civitatours/Smartours bus leaves at 9.30am. When we got to the station we could get to Rome but the metro in Rome was on strike so we made our way back to cruise terminal and booked then with Civitatours for the Panorama tour. The people doing the 19euros get dropped off in Rome and then have a designated meeting point for journey back later in day. The Panoramic tour includes getting off at different places (Vatican for about 1.5hrs, back on bus for a tour, off at Colosseum for about 20 minutes, back on bus and then off at Trevi fountain and you get about 2 hours free time to go to Pantheon, Piazza Navona etc and make your way back to a designated meeting point for the return bus. The Classical you have the guide that is on the bus with everyone but the guide will stay with you at the Vatican and walk you presume highlighting things from trevi fountain to Pantheon etc back to bus. Everyone is given a map on the bus with highlighted routes (I believe even the people just doing the 19 euros return) We felt we got to see a lot of Rome in a short time and were back in plently of time for the ship. We didn't actually depart Civitavecchia until about 9.40 as they try to sell as many seats to people coming off the ship as they can. Hope this helps