Why does it seem that the Nassau port stop is never the one missed??

Peggsey

Nassau was not one of my favorites either but last week on our extended "Irma" cruise, we stopped there twice. We booked an excursion to Balmoral Island. It was exceptionally beautiful....clear water, good service, food...beach chairs and umbrellas..There were many chairs empty because folks just couldn't get to the cruises because of Irma. We had 20 people with us!!! It's located right beside a Sandals resort and so so pretty! We want to go back to Nassau just to visit Balmoral.

I too wish Nassau would disappear from our itinerary. Would much rather go to San Juan or Labadee. We don't sail until next June, so

guess won't miss it. Wouldn't have booked this itinerary, but we are taking our kids & grands & they have only cruised twice before so are

excited about it. We don't care, will just enjoy staying on a quiet ship !!

I agree. This past January we didn't get off the ship for Nassau.

I don't dislike Nassau at all, but the timing of this port stop has never been ideal. It has always been our 1st full cruise day and from 7am to 2pm. One of the things we love to do is visiting the Atlantis, but since the pools don't open that early the Atlantis for a day excursion is really only for 3 hours- at a hefty price too. With our altered slower speed itinerary this cruise, they are even shortening the stay by leaving an hour earlier than usual, making it really hard to plan much....

Whatever the cruise itinerary turns out to be, I will of course be happy just to be aboard, and would even enjoy 7 straight days at sea ~~~~~~~:D:D

Peggy