Short review in Belize and Caye Cualker

chismrules

First I was very unsure , we had been to Belize 15 yrs. ago and went cave tubing which we enjoyed but did not feel very safe. It has changed a lot since then. We had decided my husband and dght., age 26 was diving and son, age 22 and myself was going to Caye Caulker. We had reserved Coral Breeze to take us to the island and back, but they cancelled on us last minute. So we had planned on trying to get on tender and get the water taxi. We were on Carnival Sunshine, was told we needed to get tickets for the tender. Tried first thing in morning around 7am and told only pick them up when your ready to leave. Husband went a little later around 8:30 and it had jumped to tender #7 and they were only on #3.It was around 9:45 when we got on one which was an hr. earlier in Belize. So we were concerned Husband might miss his dive and we ended up missing the 9am water taxi so had to wait till 10:30. And it takes about 40min. to get there by boat, so we didn't have much time. We had to leave on the 1:30 coming back. First when you get off ship, go all the way down on the left then go out and back to left and left again and that is where the water taxi's are. It was $28 round trip. Our daughter decided to go with us because she was having sinus problems. Just a warning the taxi was fast on the water, and if you have long hair try to sit inside. My hair was everywhere and it was very bumpy also. I think it would have been too much for my parents, so if you have any back issues. But the water taxi coming back was better and a different boat. So after we got there, there are a few people in golf carts that you can hire as taxi, but we told them we wanted to rent one. So he radioed in and someone showed up in couple min. and took us back to the office to pay. It was $12us hr., I asked if they would do 11/2 hr. he said sure, $18. And gave us the key and told us to come back to the office, and they took us back to water taxi afterwards. We just drove around and there was people cooking off the street. The island is not big, about 3 streets deep. There is sandy rds, and no cars only bikes and golf carts. We ended up eating lunch at the sip and dip, food was good, we got nachos and I got their special curry jerk chicken with rice and beans not too hot, very good. I couldn't finish it. It is a very laid back island, even thou we were not there very long, both of my kids loved Caye Caulker over any of the other stops. Sorry this is very long and detailed, but I couldn't find much before I left so I thought I would try to give a little info.