Price Drops After Payment Deadline

Bethwte

Does anyone know if there is any chance of a room's price dropping after the payment deadline is due? Meaning, say you wanted to upgrade to a better, more expensive room after that date, will it be any cheaper than the price previously offered? How about as you get really close to sail date, especially after the date the coast guard requires the passenger list, meaning no more rooms may be sold, only upgrades? Thanks in advance :D

IMHO the price never drops since it wouldnt be fair to the early bookers that paid a higher fare BUT I know for a fact if there are a lot of rooms left on a cruise the incentives increase to the TA which may be passed on later to you in the form of a ship board credit.

THis has happened to me booking 2 wks prior to the departure date.

There is a cut off date for booking maybe 24 or 48 hrs before the cruise leaves. After 911 it was a bit more stringent but now I understand its about back to normal. I am not a TA so I am going by what I have heard in conversation and from my own experiences in booking.

idssms

Does anyone know if there is any chance of a room's price dropping after the payment deadline is due? Meaning, say you wanted to upgrade to a better, more expensive room after that date, will it be any cheaper than the price previously offered? How about as you get really close to sail date, especially after the date the coast guard requires the passenger list, meaning no more rooms may be sold, only upgrades? Thanks in advance :D
Prices have indeed been known to drop after the final payment date. Some, noting that this has taken place, have had success getting their own booking rate dropped -- others have not been so lucky. The major issue here is whether the new fare is clearly advertised as for "new bookings only".

As to the pricing delta -- remember that your own cabin is likely to have decreased just as has the "upgrade" you're thinking of buying. They'll often ask the difference between the two CURRENT prices, irrespective of what you have already paid, so the deal might not be anything nearly as good as you think, even if you see a lower price advertised on that higher end cabin.

I've heard stories that seem to answer your question from every possible angle, though. It appears there are no hard and fast rules, only that certain scenarios are much more likely than others.

Archived