RCCL’s Passage to Rome

martyap

We’d been to Rome before as a land vacation, so planned to ride a train to Termini and then go from there, but when we got off the ship in Livorno, we found many groups selling inexpensive excursions. We bought the last two seats on a 15 passenger van so it took off as soon as we got on. We were taken to nine stops and given 45 mins to an hour at each. The all day excursion was 20 euros apiece. We thought it was a great deal and we enjoyed chatting after each stop w the other passengers and comparing notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We signed up for this and was wondering if anyone has done it. We are in port from 7-7.

I believe it is about 1.5 hours each way so I am guessing you have about 5 hours free time in Rome. Any tips or advice?

I have done it last April .

Yes it is around 1 - 1.5 drive (depends on the traffic) , on the way in or out they will take you to a short ride in Rome to see some of the sites from the bus.

You will park near St Paul at the Vatican and you will have 5 hours to see Rome by yourself.

About 10 minutes walk from the drop area you can find a hop on hop off buss that can bring you to many of the site. you can buy the ticket from RC (they will offer it during the ride to Rome) or online. but most of the important sites are quite near to each other (Trevi fountain , Spanish steps are very close to each other , the Pantheon is 15 minutes walk and the Colosseum is 15 -20 minutes) so you can take just the bus and save money. we took the HOHO bus but used it only in the way in and in the way out to go back to the Vatican.

Thanks

We never use ship excursions. This will be a first. Bought it on sale many months back at $50pp

which is still high but we are ok with that. Have been to Rome many times but don’t want to take the train. Really interested in this particular Passage to Rome excursion