Anybody have problems with "reverted" payment when trying to make a payment

nikinakinoo

Hi there

I'm in the UK and will be cruising in October. I got myself a pre loaded multi currency credit card so I can pay easier and save on international fee's.

I have made 5 payments with this card for excursions and bubbles package, all payments went through straight away with no problems.

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to pay some of my balance off. The payment shows on my app as "pending" but within 30 minuets it gets reverted. I can only speak to the card issuers through the app so can get a little frustrating. After re-setting the card etc they now say the problem lays with Carnival, they say Carnival are applying for the money but not claiming it!! I have spoken with Carnival twice, each time they tried to take payment over the phone but the same problem happens. They say they haven't heard of this problem and have confirmed they do still take my type of card.

I have brought a day bus ticket for Miami online to see if the problem is with the card and paying $ but that all went through fine.

I know it's a long shot but has anybody had any similar issues??

Thanks

I had problems with the website accepting my Mastercard and tried multiple times (it said it wasn't processed but a temporary pending transaction did appear each time), there was an option of PayPal as a payment option for clearing my balance on the site which I ended up using to pay with the same card & it worked, although the exchange rate wasn't quite as good as the pending charges had been the same morning. 

That card wouldn't work for funshops or excursions either & I just used my debit card in the end as those didn't have a PayPal option. 

7 minutes ago, Amyracecar said:

I had problems with the website accepting my Mastercard and tried multiple times (it said it wasn't processed but a temporary pending transaction did appear each time), there was an option of PayPal as a payment option for clearing my balance on the site which I ended up using to pay with the same card & it worked, although the exchange rate wasn't quite as good as the pending charges had been the same morning. 

That card wouldn't work for funshops or excursions either & I just used my debit card in the end as those didn't have a PayPal option. 

Hi

Thank you. Yes Carnival website says payment declined but payment pends for a short while on the app. Like I mentioned I used the same card a few times and all was fine. I have tried to purchase cruise credit through the funshop but the card deosn't work there neither now.

I'll have a look at the Paypal option

Thanks