Can't book certain excursions online?

star10

I just tried to book the night Kayak tour in San Juan for our cruise in 2 weeks abroard the Victory. I rec'd an error message saying to call Carnival. I did, and the girl was very helpful, but said that certain excursions could only be booked when you board the ship.

Now, I'm worried that this excursion will be all booked up. Has anyone booked thru the tv in their room? Is it as simple as it sounds?

I just like to have everything all done before I go... makes for a less stressful trip. :)

I could not book this through Carnival either...so I went to an outside vendor...only to find that when we embarked the excursion was available through the excursion desk. Due to the lengthy bus ride and short time in Puerto Rico my Mom was nervous using an outside vendor, so we went ahead with the Carnival excursion.

I don't remember the night kayak tour being available at the desk...but I was not inquiring about it either. It will likely be available - go right before dinner because the excursion desk does not open right away.

The kayak tour is sometimes not available as you are unable to see the fluorescence due to the tides each particular cruise

Go to the tour desk as soon as you get on board as the tour is very limited to check availability that week

We experienced the same problem when trying to book post-cruise shore excursions on line. Carnival told us we'd have to wait until we boarded before we could book. The shore excursions desk opened at 1:00 the day we boarded Victory two weeks ago. We had no problem booking our excursion.

Booking through the TV was a breeze - we booked all of our excursions within a few minutes of arriving on board! One of our tours had to be cancelled due to weather and we received phone call and a full return of our money and went down to the desk to pick something else.

Thanks for the replies...

I wonder if I'd have to order this one thru the excursion desk only. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I went onto the biobay website, and the moon is supposedly going to be great on the night we're in San Juan. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I went onto the biobay website, and the moon is supposedly going to be great on the night we're in San Juan. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Be sure to book the correct tour. There is a night kayak tour that does not go to bio bay and another different bio bay tour. You simply must experience bio bay if you can. No describing it...just try to wear a shorty wetsuit or a thick top of some sort because I got many mosquito bites on the tour. They say don't wear insect repellant because the bioluminescent creatures cannot withstand it and that would lessen your experience.

Also, you cannot get pictures of it:(

Archived