Tabayana Beach and Canopy Tour

ohio

Anybody who has done the Tabayana Beach and Canopy tour...My husband really wants to do this tour in Roatan. However the terms "Soar through the trees" kinda scares me. (I'm afraid of heights). How high are you or how fast do you "soar"? LOL. BTW....thinking about Valor in December. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

ohio- I'm not much of a fan of heights myself, but I did it and really loved it. The first station is not very high and it does a good job of breaking you in. But later stages are higher- but trust me- it's great. Never did I feel unsafe.

It's not extremely fast and you can actually change your speed w/ the use of your hand. Height wise it varies from 20 feet to maybe 150 feet (that's a real rough guess). But trust me- do this excursion.

You can watch some video of it on my Voyage of Valor video- just click on the link in my signature and watch the "Roatan" chapter. It also shows you Tabyana beach too. Hope it helps. You'll love it- don't worry.

I did this excursion last October when I cruised on the Valor.

I enjoyed it but didn't have any sensation of great heights. I figured that was because there was so much folage below. Once you see how they deck you out with safety gear and how they hook you up to the main and saftey cables, you won't be worried anymore. It's actually more like being on really fun playground equipment. At least it was for me. I'd say go for it.

Archived