Who has done Stuart Cove's snorkeling?

2sigs

Has anyone done this snorkeling tour? The website says you make three stops, the last stop (which is optional) permits you to snorkel with reef sharks. This sounds very interesting. I'm wondering if this is a good snorkeling outting for my husband and I who have snorkeled numerous times. We are looking for something that is going to be worth our while and maybe a little more than your average snorkeling trip.

Also, I noticed that the website does not recommend that you make morning trip reservations if your ship gets in port at 7a.m. because the pick-up time is 8:15 and they said your ship may be late or you may get held up in customs. My husband and I would really like to do the morning trip so that we can have the afternoon to explore. Do you think this would be risky? Has anyone with a 7a.m. port arrival done the a.m. trip?

Thanks.

I have done the trip. It is a total blast being in the water with the sharks. I did an afternoon trip and the timing was very close. My suggestion would be to not prepay just in case there is a problem getting off the ship in time. You will end up paying about $5pp if you pay the day of the trip. You should however, contact them and let them know your plans

Stuart Cove has the best dive/snorkeling operation IMHO in the Nassau Paradise Island Area, the offer trips to reefs on the Southwest side of Nassau away from the Major Harbour and Commercial Activity. Honestly the best choice over any operation out of Nassau or Paradise Island.

Thank you Bahamaskimmer. I think we have decided to defintely try this snorkeling tour. I like that you can go for a half day. I don't like committing a whole day to one activity. We still want to check our the Atlantis aquarium, relax on the beach a bit and hang out at Senor Frogs at night!

Archived