Iona aft suites

Shipsareus

We are checking out itineraries on Arvia and we would like to treat ourselves to a suite. However it looks like the balconies at the front have steel fronts which we aren’t keen on. It seems there are no mid ship suites. That leaves the aft balconies. So my question is whether anybody has been on these on Iona and if they found it noisy? From what I can see they may look over pools? We love the peace and quiet on a balcony and would be disappointed if there was a lot of noise.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

We had a fwd suite last Xmas in Iona (deck 9) and an aft later this summer (deck 10). And booked an aft on Arvia next year

No noise issues whatsoever in either but the aft was just perfect. MUCH more space on the aft balcony: the fwd is long but very narrow. And the aft has a fully useable balcony, too: over Xmas we were limited to when we could use our fwd one. But total peace in both!

Last year we had a mid suite on Britannia - never again: poor balcony width, so Iona and Arvia not having those is no bad thing

Edited by Camberley

We had an aft suite to the Fjords recently on Iona Deck 10 I think . There was a suite below us. It was above the sunset bar and whirlpool tubs.  It was very quiet. On a Sunshine Holiday it would be noisier with the bar and pools being more popular than a chilly Fjord cruise. The balcony was massive,with its wrap round feature. If peace and quiet are what you wish for,aim for a higher deck I say   

Edited by Well boy 91

Thanks so much for the information : that is really helpful.

We too have had midship suites on Britannia and agree that the balcony is a disappointment . 
So it looks like Arvia, aft, and a higher deck for our ( hopefully) Caribbean cruise in November next year..

I will be looking out for the reviews once Arvia sails in December.

Thanks again