Connecting through Pearson

Brian V

I'm not shocked people are experiencing no one checking status now. Back in Feb 22 we went on our "post" pandemic cruise that had been pushed. We had our test done here in Newfoundland the day before we flew down, but had to get a 2nd one before we could get on our ship. No one on this side of the boarded looked at any of our records on the way day. The ship only checked that we had it, I don't even recall them reading it to be honest but they did ask. On the way home, they included a free test as we got off the ship. Had that completed, checked into WestJet in FLL, they only looked at the letter head (it was digital on my phone), didn't confirm it was negative or not. Got back to Toronto, they took another test, said it would be 3-5 days to get results, I was leaving on a plane back to Newfoundland in 16hrs, so what was the point? waste of a kit to be honest, I was on the plan and have way back to Newfoundland before the results came back. They where negative, but I can't help but wonder the amount of money that was spent in fear instead of using common sense. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 10:20 PM, dolfan1980 said:

I've only transited YYZ to/from US twice and domestic connections twice in the past two months, so my experience is purely anecdotal, but here goes...IMO you have plenty of time, the US customs hall for connections isn't too bad and quite fast if you have Nexus.  I was able to connect through both times in about a half an hour from arriving at one gate from a domestic flight to walk to the connections security/customs and then be sitting in the AC lounge inside US area of Terminal 1.  

What I find AC has not gotten solved in Toronto is the chronic problem of understaffing under wing.  I've constantly waited for gates/ground crews/baggage on almost every flight in/out of there the past ~2 years since I started flying post-covid.  The delays are getting better, but I find departures seem to go 10-30 mins late almost every flight.  I was 45 mins late leaving YYZ last Monday for no reason other than staffing shortages and my folks were also 45 mins delayed for same reason Wednesday.   I've probably had 25 of these delays in the past year.

Yup! Every Single Time!  Always waiting on tarmac for a gate to be readied. This has caused us to miss connections a few times.  If you’re flying somewhere to get on a cruise, and you have to go through Pearson, do not fly same day!