Time To Arrive At Pier

We will be leaving out of New York on the Legend on May 12th. Carnival told us the best time to get there would be at 1:00 since boarding starts at 2:00. I was just wondering if we should get there earlier or not. Does anyone with experience leaving out of New York have any ideas???

Thanks

When we lived in CT we cruised out of NY several times each season. We did CCL alone 3 times the summer of 2004 & RCCL and Celebrity. Last season we only did RCCL (but that was out of NJ now) and NCL. We always left our house around 9-930am putting us at the port about an hour later. Was always one of the first ones on. I would say the latest we ever boarded was 1130a.

Leaving from Port Canaveral, it says boarding begins at 1:30. I have been told by everyone to be there at 10:30 and I can be onboard by 11:30. Rooms may not be ready but lunch will be available. So, I would think that this is routine.

Archived