Attention Conquest Cruisers...Past and Future....Post Here!

KandMGIn

OK I have a question for all past cruisers, what did you do in NO?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;09;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we leave for New Orleans and the Conquest

January 2004 Adventure of the Seas

January 9th 2005 Conquest (Here we come!)

We are sailing on the Conquest in May 2005. This will be our third cruise with Carnival but the first two were over 20 years ago. I will spend a lot of time on these boards just like I did for the year before we sailed on the Dawn Princess to Alaska in May 2003. I got a lot of help from some great people.

Conquest 5/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;5;15;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Hi All..going on the Conquest July 4th...can anyone please explain the ship time vs. port time? I'm trying to make sure I'm on time for my shore excursions. Thanks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;4;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'til Crusin on the Conquest

Scrantelle, What should we see in NO? Also, my hubby is a huge gumbo, creol, jumbalia (sp?) fan. Could you tell us a good place to eat? We are staying at the W.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;09;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we leave for New Orleans and the Conquest

January 2004 Adventure of the Seas

January 9th 2005 Conquest (Here we come!)

I'm on the Halloween cruise too!! I booked it about a year ago, so at this point it seems like it's right around the corner.

scantrelle, can you recommend a place in N.O. to get a Halloween costume? I really don't want to pack one, and I bet there are great costumes in N.O. Don't know if this will work, but I'm thinking of ordering it in advance and then just picking it up the Saturday before the cruise.

Sleazy 3 on Conquest in Just:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;29;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Can't think of any costume shops off hand. I'll try to find one in the phone book and give you the info. There is a Mardi Gras shop in the Riverwalk, which is where the ship docks. Right outside the Riverwalk is a cajun place called Mulates. There is cajun music and gumbo, jambalaya, etc. The French Quarter is a great place to go. Have coffee and beignets for breakfast, then stroll through the market and all the shops along the way. There is Jackson Square and the Riverwalk is a bunch of shops as well as a food court.

I'm on the 6/27 Conquest cruise. Only 17 days away. Getting really excited. When I return I will try to find this post and post about the ship and the ports.

Nancy

sailing Conquest 6/27/04

And the Valor 6/12/05

Am part of a Girls Only trip Sept. 12th sailing. We are Nurses from a Children's Hospital and take a week annually to GET Away from it all. (including SO, and children) We come back rested and ready to get back to life of responsibility. We will drive down and park at pier. We are now <100 days

NinaCO-

Accent Annex sells great costumes. Party City sells some good stuff too. Both are about 10 minutes from downtown but well worth the drive. You will find a few costume shops downtown but they're pretty pricey. If you want the number or address for either just let me know!

butterfly.htm

My wife and I are sailing on the Conquest July 11. This is our first cruise in a few years. Had to take a break to have our 2 kids (1 & 3 yrs.) They will be with the grandparents. Yee Ha!

Can't Wait !!!

[This message was edited by Bandman on 06-09-04 at 11:24 PM.]

Thanks for the costume shop information nawlinslady and scantrelle. I've been to the Mardi Gras shop in the Riverwalk. (N.O. was a port of call for my Sensation cruise.) I won't have a car, so the Accent Annex & Party City probably aren't options. There's a Party here in Colorado Springs, and they do have good costumes.

Sleazy 3 on Conquest in Just:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;29;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

My boyfriend and I are sailing out of New Orleans for the September 5th cruise!! I am so excited! Only been on one other cruise before (NCL) and everyone says Carnival is SOOOO much more fun. I'm counting the days....

icon_cool.gif

9/5 Conquest Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Accent Annex and Party City are too far away from where the ship docks. Sorry there is nothing in the Riverwalk to help you. The time is getting closer for our trip. The only bad thing is that daylight savings time changes that day we leave so it will be dark by 5 p.m. I enjoy watching the people at the Riverwalk when we leave the dock. Oh well!

Our family of four will be on the Conquest on October 31,2004. Just thought I might tell you about the deal I got at the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans. We just booked the Hilton for $99.00 with complimentary parking for up to seven days. Parking at the pier or any other place for that matter is $84.00 for seven days. Just call Hilton at1-504-561-0500 and ask for the "cruise special" and they give you the choice of king or two queens with seven days of free parking for just $99.00. I almost called priceline and tried to get it for $50.00 just like several other people said they did. But I'm glad I didn't. I just read about a guy that got the $50.00 Hilton room through priceline but will still have to pay for parking at the Hilton. It sounds like parking is not automatically free for Hilton guests.I'm glad I got the "cruise special" at the Hilton, it's a four star hotel in the heart of the city. Hope the info. is helpful. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived