Viking air plus itinerary on MVJ

Ceegeefl

We have Viking Air Plus for our April 2024 cruise and booked our airline itinerary  in June. It has not yet appeared on our MVJ page. I seem to remember it listed on that page by now unless I am mistaken. I emailed Viking customer service and was told it won't appear until January. I was wondering if that is the experience others are having. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ceegeefl said:

We have Viking Air Plus for our April 2024 cruise and booked our airline itinerary  in June. It has not yet appeared on our MVJ page. I seem to remember it listed on that page by now unless I am mistaken. I emailed Viking customer service and was told it won't appear until January. I was wondering if that is the experience others are having. Thanks!

I was calling Viking AirPlus from the day flights became available for booking on the airlines' websites (we're sailing in May 2024).  None of the flights I was interested in were available for booking at the "quoted" rate, but we could still book them through Viking and pay more $$.  But Viking said maybe they would get allocations on those flights as time got closer.  Next time I looked at MVJ, viola! I had flights listed, but they were terrible (multiple legs, long connections in Toronto and Frankfurt).  When I called AirPlus, they said the computer assigned them but they weren't going to be ticketed until much closer to sailing.  A week later I checked MVJ again and apparently the computer changed my reservation to now go via Toronto and Copenhagen, again with long connections.  I was able to "change" the flights on MVJ but all the other flights were additional money, i.e. if we wanted only 1 stop on the way there and non-stop on the way back, it would be an additional $2-3,000 (in addition to the business class supplement I already booked with Viking).  So, after waiting/looking/watching the fares for a couple of months, I realized I could stick with paying Viking $4800 for terrible flights, pay Viking $7000+ for the flights I wanted, or book them myself for $5400.  We chose Door Number 3. 

My last cruise with Viking I was able to call and easily get the non-stops I wanted, but not this time.  If I were you, I would keep checking MVJ, and if it doesn't show up, keep calling AirPlus and confirming you still have those flights so they don't mysteriously disappear.  Viking only gets so much allocation from the different carriers, so you may not be able to get the flights you want - you gotta keep checking!  Good Luck!

• Like 1

Thank you for your information. So far, the flights we booked are showing up on the airlines' websites so I will follow your suggestion and keep checking there. I'll also call viking air and ask about putting it on the MVJ page since your flights were listed that far in advance. Enjoy your May cruise!