Horizon 12/3 sold on the family harbor!!!

josiegracesmom

Just a short review (we all came home with the flu and feel like 💩)...  This was our first cruise since pre-covid, and to be honest, I was terrified after reading all of the reviews about weed, fights, quality of things etc.  (Background, I am a TA of 25 years and platinum with CCL, but always second guess the choices I make for OUR vacations 🤣). It was one of our best cruises ever! 

The food was amazing, the only thing I did not like all week was the day all of the desserts in the buffet were chocolate.  All of the cakes were super dry.  The rest of the food was OUTSTANDING. 

The Family Harbor section was AMAZING. We enjoyed the lounge with the amenities, LOVED the room with my baby bathtub!  We enjoyed the food, the games, and just sitting together doing things we don't have time to do at home.  One of the bad things was there was a couple of guys who kept coming to the lounge and forcing the doors open. (you have to use your room key for access). These guys came repeatedly and would grab the doors and forcibly pull them open.  The maintenance workers had to fix them multiple times.  🤬

We enjoyed the ports tremendously.  (We stayed onboard in Jamaica) We did Stingray City, Hell and the Turtle Farm, and in Cozumel we did the dolphin and manatee encounter.  We love manatees and it was great!!  We had great weather, other than a small shower in Grand Cayman that morning.  The water was so warm, it was heaven.  

We sort of enjoyed Georgia.  When she did certain activities she was GREAT!  Other than that, we did not see her.  Lots of dead space with a lack of activities, or all of the activities were scheduled at the same time.  We last cruises with Dr. E and Matt so it is hard to compare, so it just felt lacking.  But again, the things we did with her, she was very entertaining.  The best thing was the 90s party.  That was a blast.  We also enjoyed the band who played on deck 5, and loved the violins in the atrium.  Celestial Strings was good, but some of the singers were rough.  The after show in the atrium sounded far better than the show.  It was amazing.  

My daughter LOVED Circle C and made lots of friends.  We did not let her roam, we would take her and pick her up.  (Yes, I'm that mama lol)

Disembarkation sucked.  We had to be in the lounge by 6:30 and didn't dock until close to 7:30.  The girl who was supposed to be telling people what to go kept disappearing so it was confusing to all of those who came in super late.  Luckily since we were there when we were supposed to be and followed directions, we were off relatively quickly, however there were some throwing fits and trying to cut.  I got hateful with a lady who tried to cut between me and my daughter (and that is something I do not do.  I don't say boo to anybody), but don't come in late, not do what you are supposed to and then try to separate my family.  Mama bear came out 🤣.  

Over all, I give it a 9.5 out of 10.  We will not go out of Miami again, we just did not fit in with the Miami crowd.  We are booked on the Vista 8 night for the same time next year back in the deluxe ocean view family harbor room.  I am super excited for our next adventure! 

PS, we bought the picture that says Carnival on it, we didn't steal it.  I just haven't felt like unpacking yet.  

Screenshot_20231212-121927~2.png

Screenshot_20231212-122640~2.png

Screenshot_20231212-122646~2.png

Screenshot_20231212-122453~2.png

Screenshot_20231212-122417~2.png

Screenshot_20231212-122534~2.png

Screenshot_20231212-122555~2.png

Edited by josiegracesmom
  • Like 6

So happy you had a great cruise and things were good on the ship (except the door thing with the guys forcing them open??? Why?).  You pix are wonderful and getting me more excited to board Mardi Gras this Saturday.  Always love the decorated ships at holiday time 🙂

• Like 1