Discovery princess Dolphin deck

Bedruthen

Looking to book an Alaska cruise at short notice. The majority of the cabins still available ( and there aren’t many!) are located on d deck. Just wondering why. Is there a problem with D deck because on the face of it, it looks like a great deck with lots of cabins with larger balconies. Considering d705, standard balcony or any of the premium deluxe at the aft, most of which are still available, eg d724,722,720. What am I missing? I did wonder about smokers below D705, if it’s a problem. Any feedback on these choices would be great thank you

I have been on two cruises on that ship on deck 10 Caribe and it was great but we were in the middle. Not sure about smoke near the end of the ship. The only thing that occurs to me is that you might want to choose the Ketchikan dining room since you are near the rear stairs and elevators. Not that it is a big deal to just walk to the forward elevators.

• Like 1

I have stayed in E705, a mini, for a week to the Mexican Rivera.  Being just a deck above the smoking area, we never had any issue.  Maybe the cabins farther aft may have some smoke, but while on the move I wouldn't think it would be an issue.  Personally, I enjoyed the aft location.

Edit to add, hey there neighbor!

Edited by azddave