Northbound Alaskan Cruise on Noordam

My trip report comes a bit late, but better late than never. I took a northbound cruise from Vancouver to Whittier on Noordam last July. It was my first cruise to Alaska and my first cruise on Holland America. I have previously cruised with MSC, Celebrity and Norwegian, both in the Caribbean and Trans-Atlantic.

I absolutely loved both my cruise and Noordam! Alaska was probably a one-time destination for me but I have already booked another HAL cruise for this summer, stopping in Norway, Iceland and Greenland.

These were the things that made me appreciate HAL and Noordam so much:

• Delicious vegetarian and vegan food throughout the ship, including Beyond Meat products and other vegan proteins
  • Noordam felt positively quiet at full capacity and had very few children
  • Although the ship is older, I found it very well-maintained and charming
  • Friendly service at all times
  • Have it All package which turned out to be pretty good value and fit for us
  • The Promenade which was a perfect place to take in the majestic scenery
  • Expert talks and Alaska-sourced food and drink items

There were many other highlights of course! Check out my full review of the trip in my blog which also includes tons of photos:

https://www.hoppingaroundtheglobeinstyle.com/bunnys-7-day-northbound-alaska-cruise-on-holland-america-noordam/

• Like 6

Thanks for your great comments! Our first HAL cruise was Alaska on the Noordam, and we also loved it. And our next cruise was to the fjords of Norway, so your going the right way! 

I'm also vegetarian, and here's something for you: on the newer ships that have the NY Deli and Pizza, they will make any of their pizzas vegan. We were on the Rotterdam for our Norway cruise and felt it was noticeably a step up.

If you want to see my video of our Alaska cruise, my YouTube channel has the same name as my name here.