Thoughts on Coral Breeze Manatee Break?

Sassy American Bird

Hiya all! I love this website and have been pouring over recommendations and reviews non-stop.

My family and I will be sailing on Carnival Miracle in 16 days :o with a stop in Belize. My husband has arranged scuba diving so the rest of us are trying to find an excursion. The "rest of us" is my Mom (non-swimmer), Dad (water bug), my 1 year daughter and myself. I came across the Coral Breeze Unlimited Manatee/Snorkel/Beach break which sounded perfect for us. My Mom and daughter can go over the the beach whilst my Dad and I get in some snorkeling.

So - has anyone taken this excursion? What are your thoughts? Any danger of not getting back to ship in time? Staff friendly? Safe? etc...all insights are appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Sassy,

I e-mailed Coral Breeze this afternoon about the manatee/snorkel/beach on May 19. They are not offering that tour during the month of May. His e-mail is as follows:

Patty:

I'm afraid that we're not offering the Manatee tour on May 19. (May is kind of slow month in Belize, which should be good for you.)

As an alternative, you might consider the Shark/Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration Tour or Cave Tubing (a real adventure if you're up for it).

As you've probably heard, Caye Caulker is a great snorkeling site.

I hope your vacation planning goes well.

Best,

Mark Malkasian

Hi Sassy,

I e-mailed Coral Breeze this afternoon about the manatee/snorkel/beach on May 19. They are not offering that tour during the month of May. His e-mail is as follows:

Patty:

I'm afraid that we're not offering the Manatee tour on May 19. (May is kind of slow month in Belize, which should be good for you.)

As an alternative, you might consider the Shark/Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration Tour or Cave Tubing (a real adventure if you're up for it).

As you've probably heard, Caye Caulker is a great snorkeling site.

I hope your vacation planning goes well.

Best,

Mark Malkasian

Thank you SO MUCH, Patty! This helps a lot with planning. I had emailed Coral Breeze but no reply yet. When will you be aboard the Miracle?

Sassy,

I just heard from Coral Breeze this morning about a snorkeling tour I inquired about. They also corrected me on the information I gave you about the Manetee snorkeling tour you were asking about. I was WRONG to tell you that they did not offer that the month of May. They are STILL offering it only on very limited days, so please contact them with the date you are interested in.....they just might be able to accommodate you on that date.....So sorry for giving the wrong information....I took his e-mail the wrong way. I hope it works out for you. :)

Archived