Princess Air from Detroit to Anchorage

Tinkerbell

Wiill someone please tell me how booking air with the cruise works? I have always done air on my own but because we booked this cruise last minute I am a little nervous when I have been checking flights on different airlines they look pretty sold out. Do cruise lines buy airline seats in advance to hold for instances like this? Thanks to anyone that can explain this and put my mind at ease!

Wiill someone please tell me how booking air with the cruise works? I have always done air on my own but because we booked this cruise last minute I am a little nervous when I have been checking flights on different airlines they look pretty sold out. Do cruise lines buy airline seats in advance to hold for instances like this? Thanks to anyone that can explain this and put my mind at ease!

No advance purchases. Usually about 30 days pre cruise, the cruiseline's air/sea dept. takes a look at their airline databases, looks at their passenger lists (from/to) and starts trying to match up flights. That is the reason you may fly from Detroit to Atlanta to Seattle to Anchorage. And return Vancouver/LAX/Dallas/Detroit. Wherever the seats are available, including some very weird connections, very short connecting times, different airlines AND often times, flights arriving VERY close to cruise departures (the cruise lines think 2 hours before the cruise leaves is enough from a lot of places-not a lot of room for glitches).

The non-stops or direct flights are usually sold out to popular destinations by this time or they are too expensive to be considered for cruise air. The cruiseline fares usually book into the cheapest classes.

Flights to Alaska are pretty full this summer and at this late date, probably no bargains to be found. If you use cruise air, BE PREPARED to spend a VERY long day getting to Alaska. You MAY be flying all over the country to get there.

Greatam,

Thank you for answering me. Yes, I have come to relize that us booking the cruise this last minute my punishment is going to be sitting all day Sat. in airports all over the US. That's okay atleast I will be going to Alaska! Wish me luck................

Archived