Group - how many with RCCL?

I had a group of friend go with us on a cruise in 2001 - we had 16 berths (not 16 cabins) and I was the coordinator, so I went for free. Does anyone know if the rules have changed, or is it still 16 berths or is it 8 cabins needed to be a group? Thanks.

It can be anyone, not just "friends"...you have to be willing ot be the 'representive' for the group....Im trying to get a group together, but, it is a bit difficult dealing with different schedules and finding an itinerary that suits a group ...

You get one free person for every 16 full-fare people (not 3rd and 4th) you book. That equates to 8 cabins, but you only get credit in the amount of the room category you sell the most of. For example if you sell 5 interior cabins and 3 Balconies and the group leader is in a balcony, you will only get the credit for an interior cabin.

Some sailings (if booked in advance and are not during holiday times) are eligible for GAP or Group Amenity Points. These can be used for a variety of amenities for the group. A good TA will tell you all your options when you book. A good TA will also apply any discount coupons without charging you a fee, will not charge cancellation fees amd will watch the pricing with the cruise line and request credits if the price goes down.

Hope this helps.

Archived