Sovereign of the Seas - 8/4 Quick Questions

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

We are doing our first RCCL cruise on August 4, before this my wife and I have done two 4 night cruises on the Disney Lines. I have been looking for some information but haven't been able to find it, so I was hoping I could get some insight.

1) What time can we get on the ship? The cruise docs say 2pm, but that seems pretty late to me.

2) For formal night, for the men, what is the breakdown of who wear's what. How many people actually wear a tux, how many a jacket, and how many just a shirt and tie. Would the shirt and tie be underdressed?

3) What do you think is better, eating lunch and breakfast in the main dining room, or windjammer?

Thank you for all of your help.

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

We are doing our first RCCL cruise on August 4, before this my wife and I have done two 4 night cruises on the Disney Lines. I have been looking for some information but haven't been able to find it, so I was hoping I could get some insight.

1) What time can we get on the ship? The cruise docs say 2pm, but that seems pretty late to me.

2) For formal night, for the men, what is the breakdown of who wear's what. How many people actually wear a tux, how many a jacket, and how many just a shirt and tie. Would the shirt and tie be underdressed?

3) What do you think is better, eating lunch and breakfast in the main dining room, or windjammer?

Thank you for all of your help.

Just came off my third trip on the SOS.

I arrived around 11:15 and was on the ship by 11:30. I had priority boarding but there were very few people in line and I did not save that much time.

Formal night runs from shorts to tuxes. I would say that most wear a jacket and tie. If you will feel comfortable in a shirt and tie then wear it.

I eat breakfast and lunch in the WJ due to the different times each day. I do not like being on a time schedule. You will get better food in the dining room though.

Enjoy your cruise.

(1)-- We have cruised on her twice and were able to board between 11:00--11:30(port canaveral is a great place to board --they are very efficent and quick just make sure you have all your paper work filled out ahead of time)----But you will not be able to go to your room till around 1PM-- so just check out the ship and enjoy lunch at Windjammers (2) Sovereign is not as formal as the larger ships so it is up to you--we always wore nice clothes but not a tux(which I will on our cruise on the AOS in JAN)--some people did but not many--(3)- We have done both including room service wich is great-- it depends what you have planned for the day-- if it is a lay back day go to the dinning room--or just get comfy and order room service the night before-- Have a great time on your cruise and if you want to go to the midnight chocolate buffet get there at least a half hour before-- and in coco cay-- do not stop at the first beach on the left -- walk up the beach about 200 yds and there is a great beach with plenty of chairs and hammocks and pristen water-- and NOT CROWDED!!! ENJOY!!!!:D

Hello!

My DH and I will be on the same cruise as you! We are traveling with another couple. This will be our third time on the three night Sovereign. We usually arrive around 11-12ish and eat lunch at the Windjammer. We have eaten in the dining room and at the Windjammer for breakfast, whichever we felt like on a particular day. The day we are in Nassau, we usually don't eat lunch or grab something in town. There is a BBQ lunch available on CoCo Cay. So, embarkation day is the only day we eat lunch on the ship. Last time on Sovereign my DH wore his suit pants, dress shirt, and tie for formal night. He opted not to wear the jacket and he wasn't out of place. He had the suit jacket with him, just didn't wear it b/cause it was very warm. We saw a few tuxedos, some suits, some dressed like my DH, and others who had just a dress shirt--no tie or jacket. I usually wear a cocktail type dress instead of a long gown. Hope this helps. What deck are you on BTW? We have an inside on Deck 4. Our friends have an inside on Deck 5.

Hello!

My DH and I will be on the same cruise as you! We are traveling with another couple. This will be our third time on the three night Sovereign. We usually arrive around 11-12ish and eat lunch at the Windjammer. We have eaten in the dining room and at the Windjammer for breakfast, whichever we felt like on a particular day. The day we are in Nassau, we usually don't eat lunch or grab something in town. There is a BBQ lunch available on CoCo Cay. So, embarkation day is the only day we eat lunch on the ship. Last time on Sovereign my DH wore his suit pants, dress shirt, and tie for formal night. He opted not to wear the jacket and he wasn't out of place. He had the suit jacket with him, just didn't wear it b/cause it was very warm. We saw a few tuxedos, some suits, some dressed like my DH, and others who had just a dress shirt--no tie or jacket. I usually wear a cocktail type dress instead of a long gown. Hope this helps. What deck are you on BTW? We have an inside on Deck 4. Our friends have an inside on Deck 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived