Insurance

UnionJack

We are on HAL Volendam 2007 Hubbard Cruise.

Should we take the insurance? One of us will be 65 other has BC/BS so health should be OK?

No plans to cancel but things happen. However HAL cancellation policy seems OK.

Please advise.

We count insurance costs in as part of the cruise costs, same as tips, airfare, excursions, etc.

I think it's important to have, not only for ourselves, but in case something happens to a friend/family member requiring us to cancel.

Princess boards have had a recent debate because some folks booked for upcoming Crown cruises aren't comfortable cruising and wanted to cancel or switch to another ship... a few are rather unhappy that Princess won't refund in light of the recent 'list'. My thought.. if they purchased insurance, depending on the level, they would easily get nearly a full refund/cruise credit.

I'm 40, my husband is 48, our children are 17 & 18. We have good health insurance, but still choose to purchase cruise insurance for peace of mind. After all, our cruise is an investment, and we like to insure it as such.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived