Room configuration for four people

I have a quad cabin on the Seranade of the Seas next June for Alaska. We are in an E1 balcony cabin. Does anyone know how the beds are arranged? Where is the upper bunk? ---over the couch or over the main bed? Does the couch pull out? Can you still walk next to the couch when its pulled out? I've called RCCL many times and no one knows. Can anyone help?

Have you checked out their web site??? At least for doubles, the pictures of how the cabins are arranged are pretty good. It might be harder to show a quad, but it's worth checking out. Or hopefully you'll get an answer from someone who's stayed in a quad.

For Radiance class ships, if a cabin has a triangle in the deck plan, it has a sofa bed. If there is a diamond, it has a sofa bed and a pullman. Deck plans are not always correct, as I found out sailing the Jewel last year. Post your cabin #, and see if anyone else has been in it. Can't hurt!

I have not had a E1 room, but in a D1, the pullman was over the couch/sofa bed. Also, with the pullman, the sofa bed was not extended all the way, so there was a lot more room than if it was all the way out.

I have tryed to look on the web site and it does not show how qauds are configured. We have a room with a sofa bed and a pullman and ooops we are in an E2 room 8614. We actually are part of a group af four rooms in a row. 8608, 8610, 8612, 8614 on the Serenade. The are all shown to have a sofa bed and a pullman. We booked early for just that reason---our kids do not sleep well together! we want to make sure that we don't have just a sofa bed. I'm just trying to figure out where the pullman is located. I can't believe no one at RCCL could answer that question.

Anyone know?

In our room (179 sf with balcony) the pullman was over the queen bed. We didn't have a real sofa, it was more like a loveseat, and it pulled out straight acorss the room, so when it was out you had to step over it to walk to the queen. Also, you had to be careful when sitting up in the queen bed, with the bunk right over you.

On our next cruise I'm getting another quad, but for 200 sf. I think that will get us a real full-length sofa, with the pullman over the sofa and we won't have to step over the pullout bed.

We had enough room when everything was put away nicely, but that lasted about 1 night! After that the kids and DH just threw their stuff around and the place looked ransacked.

We have 2 kids and I want us all in the same room so I can keep better track of my teenager. I'll put up with a little discomfort for safety's sake.

We sailed on the Seranade, I believe room 8652 with 4 people. We had the pullman over our queensize bed and the sleeper sofa which was like a love seat between the bed and the bathroom. Not much walking space if you had to get up in the middle of the night.

Then we went on the Navigator and had a Jr. Suite which gave us much more room, not so crowded.

Hope this helps.

Have fun, and it doesn't matter if you're tripping over each other, just not off the balcony so keep the slider shut!!!!

Seriously, have a great trip regardless.

Sue

Archived