The Itinerary is complete!

G&L in WPG

After much help from this board, much advanced searching, nine months of anticipation, and many many late nights, we have finally settled our shore excursion list:

Maui (Lahaina) - Haleakala 38 mile down hill bike ride (through ship).

Maui (Kahului) - Four Winds II afternoon Snorkel Cruise (booked direct)

Kauai - Safari Helicopter tour (booked direct)

Hilo - Thrifty car rental to tour VNP

Kona - Dollar car rental - morning snorkel and afternoon coffee farm tours

Honolulu - Mini bus rental through E Noa tours (25 seats/$97 per hour)

I'm sure we saved a pile of money by being able (and confident enough) to book direct for many of our excursions. It was great to have realistic estimates of how long things take to do, or get to, and what is worth the extra money verses the extra time.

Thanks again to the large group of regulars and locals who take time to answer our questions. I won't bother going through the list, you know who you are. :)

I will make sure that it is included in my reveiw. I'm very excited about that one as I did not think I would get to do it, and I love biking. I could not find a tour that accomodated our port schedule, and Carnival did not list it as an available excursion unless you went through their website in a particular way. It was rudely expensive through Carnival, but I don't care! I am just disappointed that due to some recent wrist surgery on a 1 year old injury (gotta like that Canadian Health Care system, hurry up and wait), my wife will be unable to accompany me on the trip.

• 1 month later...

Archived