Carnival Liberty question

Aidansmommy2

My DH and I will be sailing on the Liberty Feb. 3rd and will be traveling with our 2 yr old son. We have requested one of the later seatings for dinner. What I need to know is, what time does the nightly babysitting service begin? I was hoping to be able to feed Aidan at his regular dinner time and get him ready for bed then be able to bring him down to the babysitters in time for us to go have dinner in the dining room and maybe see a show or do some other adult activity before turning in for the night. Anyone been on Liberty with small children recently that can hopefully enlighten me about this? :confused: Any other insight on Camp Carnival would be very helpful also. Thanks!

Barb

My DH and I will be sailing on the Liberty Feb. 3rd and will be traveling with our 2 yr old son. We have requested one of the later seatings for dinner. What I need to know is, what time does the nightly babysitting service begin? I was hoping to be able to feed Aidan at his regular dinner time and get him ready for bed then be able to bring him down to the babysitters in time for us to go have dinner in the dining room and maybe see a show or do some other adult activity before turning in for the night. Anyone been on Liberty with small children recently that can hopefully enlighten me about this? :confused: Any other insight on Camp Carnival would be very helpful also. Thanks!

Barb

Hi Barb

We were on the LIberty last Feb with our 16 mo granddaughter. We had

asked for early seating but were given late.......8:15. It worked out ok

though. We brought her to the dining room with us and she did fine!!!

The baby sitting service does not start until 10 so you would not be

able to have dinner alone. My daughter just took her back to cabin

after dinner and dressed her for bed. We took a portable carriage which

reclined and strolled around the promenade deck and into the shows. She

fell asleep in her carriage. Three nites that week she was taken to the

camp carnival babysitting which we were very satisifed with. The staff

was GREAT.

Would be happy to answer any other questions. Enjoy our cruise!!!

Barb: If your son is 2 on the day you board, he is welcome in Camp Carnival. Hours vary by ship and sailing, and day, but the Camp is always open by 7 pm, sometimes earlier. There will be days you can elect to have him eat dinner with the camp (we've never done this, so I can't report on how that works.)

If he is 2, you can generally expect the Camp to be open to him on sea days from about 9 - noon, 2 - 5, and 7 -10. After 10 pm babysitting fees apply, until 3 am (they fall asleep and you just scoop them up.) On port days, the Camp is open continuously from when the ship docks until sailaway, and he can eat lunch with the counselors, if you elect (again, we've never taken advantage of that option, so I can't say how it works.)

DD was 25 months when we took our first cruise (it was on Carnival). We've been lucky enough to take a couple since, so if you have any particular questions, I'm happy to answer them.

One note: the Camp is not open the first night. There is a Camp meeting, when you fill out the paperwork (allergies, etc), often a party in the disco, often followed by a make-your-own sundae party, but a parent must accompany the children to these events. Official babysitting starts at 10 pm the night of embarkation.

I have to say, we have found it to be the BEST. The kids love it, we love it, it's just a win/win all the way around!

Happy cruising!

Thanks for the info. I'm sure Aidan will have a great time and it will be nice to be able to leave him with the sitters a few times so that Mommy and Daddy can have some adult fun too!! We're really looking forward to this cruise,can't wait for Feb. 3rd. :D Anyone else have any other tips for me?

Barb

Archived