Alaska Brochures

brunolvr

Thanks, Brunolvr - You're always so helpful. :) I'll have fun looking at these brochures!

Have you registered for any shore excursions yet? I saw that the excursions for Alaska next season are updated on the website, and I was able to register for them already. :) What are your plans??

Thanks, Brunolvr - You're always so helpful. :) I'll have fun looking at these brochures!

Have you registered for any shore excursions yet? I saw that the excursions for Alaska next season are updated on the website, and I was able to register for them already. :) What are your plans??

Hello again, Star7228! Now that the holidays are over, I can start thinking about our cruise once again!

I need to check out the shore excursions to see if there's anything new that interests us. Nothing's real definite yet, but I think we'll do the whale watching in Juneau with Captain Larry; fast ferry to Haines when in Skagway; Ketchikan is still up in the air; and normally in Victoria we just stay on the ship as Victoria is pretty close to where we live.

What excursions did you finally decide on?

Brunolvr,

I'm starting to think about my next Alaska cruise this summer too. (Number 3). Not sure the exact date yet, I really want to see bears this time, so probably around the 1st or 2nd week in August. We're definitly going on the Pearl too, since we haven't been to Glacier Bay yet.

I see you're going to Haines. Have you read the book "If you lived here, I'd know your name", by Heather Lende. She's a Haines resident and writes for their paper and also for the Anchorage Daily News. http://www.adn.com/life/lende/ .... It's a GREAT book.

Hello again, Star7228! Now that the holidays are over, I can start thinking about our cruise once again!

I need to check out the shore excursions to see if there's anything new that interests us. Nothing's real definite yet, but I think we'll do the whale watching in Juneau with Captain Larry; fast ferry to Haines when in Skagway; Ketchikan is still up in the air; and normally in Victoria we just stay on the ship as Victoria is pretty close to where we live.

What excursions did you finally decide on?

We decided on the Guide's Choice Adv. Hike in Juneau, the White Pass Railway/Laughton Glacier Hike in Skagway and the Tatoosh Island Sea Kayaking in Ketchikan. :) I'm very excited! I decided to just book the trips, as I'm one who likes to plan ahead. Just the way I am! And I have always been very happy with NCL's excursions. :)

Thanks for the links - I ordered most of the brochures.

We, too, are on NCL Pearl 6/17/07, and since you guys seem to be pretty experienced cruisers...I am responsible for figuring out shore excursions for our group of 9 and there's so much info and so much to choose from that it's a bit overwhelming, so let me ask you a couple things-

We know we want to do a helicopter glacier tour and whale (preferably Humpback) watching - is there one best city for each of these? I had initially thought we'd do helicopter with Coastal Helicopters in Juneau AND whale watching with Orca Enterprises in Juneau, but if we did that would leave us no time to SEE Juneau. Wondering if we can move, say, the whale watching to either Ketchikan or Skagway.

ok thanks. I think we'll do both Orca Enterprises and Coastal in Juneau then. We're going to Alaska to see the great outdoors afterall, not to shop. Both (the activites and the tour operators) seem highly recommended too.

Thanks for the links - I ordered most of the brochures.

We, too, are on NCL Pearl 6/17/07, and since you guys seem to be pretty experienced cruisers...I am responsible for figuring out shore excursions for our group of 9 and there's so much info and so much to choose from that it's a bit overwhelming, so let me ask you a couple things-

We know we want to do a helicopter glacier tour and whale (preferably Humpback) watching - is there one best city for each of these? I had initially thought we'd do helicopter with Coastal Helicopters in Juneau AND whale watching with Orca Enterprises in Juneau, but if we did that would leave us no time to SEE Juneau. Wondering if we can move, say, the whale watching to either Ketchikan or Skagway.

I would do the whale watching in Juneau, then leave time for a trip to Mendenhall Glacier, Mt. Roberts, Museums or just seeing the city of Juneau.

In Skagway you should have time for the train and also the helicopter excursion http://www.temscoair.com/tours/skagway_discovery.htm

I would do the whale watching in Juneau, then leave time for a trip to Mendenhall Glacier, Mt. Roberts, Museums or just seeing the city of Juneau.

In Skagway you should have time for the train and also the helicopter excursion http://www.temscoair.com/tours/skagway_discovery.htm

Is what you'd be able to see during a helicopter trip better at either Juneau or Skagway though? I wonder why almost all of the helicopter excursions through the cruise are out of Juneau?

We decided on the Guide's Choice Adv. Hike in Juneau, the White Pass Railway/Laughton Glacier Hike in Skagway and the Tatoosh Island Sea Kayaking in Ketchikan. :) I'm very excited! I decided to just book the trips, as I'm one who likes to plan ahead. Just the way I am! And I have always been very happy with NCL's excursions. :)

Wow, your excursions sound great (for the younger and more active cruiser than we are)! I know you'll have a great time, especially with your positive attitude!

Now all you have to do is pack and wait for the Pearl to take you away north to Alaska!

Wow, your excursions sound great (for the younger and more active cruiser than we are)! I know you'll have a great time, especially with your positive attitude!

Now all you have to do is pack and wait for the Pearl to take you away north to Alaska!

Tell me about it! I'm just so excited I have under 6 months now. Woo hoo! :D

Archived