Just back from Navigator of the Seas, western route

lilsis21

we had a great cruise. the Navigator is beautiful. Weather was great. We docked in Ocho Rios, tendered in Labbadee and Grand Cayman, and docked in Cozumel. they are still working on the docks there though. I plan on writing a review and more details of our cruise very soon. We did the Canopy tour in Ocho Rios, beach day in Labbadee, shopped in Grand Cayman and did the Fury catamaran sail, snorkel and beach party in Cozumel. Also, I now know what Quest is. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. never laughed so hard. It is just too hard to describe to anyone what it was and how entertaining it was. If you have not been to the Quest while on a cruise, make sure you do it on your next one.

Any questions, I'll try to answer them.

OH im sooo glad you had a good trip! im going western on navigator in march. few questions for you if you dont mind :)

1. was your room towards the front of the ship. If so, did you have sea sickness? i heard that rooms closer to the front tend to rock more.

and 2. i heard they replaced all the sheets and comforters in all the rooms to brand new ones. Is it true? repsond whenever! thanks

Our cabins were mid ship, deck 7, 7608 and 7606 balconies

I took a bonine each day we were at sea just to be safe and never had a problem, but i could feel a lot more movment in the Metropolis theatre each night. which i think is at the front. so yes I think you can feel it more in the front of the ship.

the beds were great, nice sheets with the RCI logo embroidered on them, comforters with white duvets in crisp cotton, and dark green throw pillows, coverlet or throw, and pillow shams. pads on the mattress under the sheets also. We slept great every night. Hope this helps

There are two threads with the same theme that were just posted. I just posted my questions on the other thread, but I'm putting them here too as I'm anxious for information -- lilsis21, maybe you can help:

What night is Quest (time?)?

What nights are the options for the Ice Show (times?)

Formal nights are Mon/Thurs - right?

(I'm trying to pick a night for Portofino's and was going to pick Tues, but I love seafood! Maybe Wed?)

How was the piano player in the Schooner Bar?

When are the parades? Which nights? (time?)

What time were you able to get to Grand Cayman with the tender? What time did you have to go get tender tickets? We have a private excursion booked with NativeWay and our group of 19 needs to get off the ship and into the port early in the am.

Our cruise says it leaves Miami at 7 pm? Was yours a 7 pm departure? Do you know why?

I'm sure I will think of more, but this will help for now! Thank you so much!

We didn't need tender tickets, we just went to gang way and waited in line. never had a problem or long wait getting off the ship.when we arrived to our spot to tender in Grand Cayman, the tender boats were already swarming us, 4 of them ready to tie up to the ship. very fast getting off. formal nights were Monday and Wednesday I think. We went to ice show on Wed at 5 pm, then went to cabin to get ready for formal evening dinner at 8:30 or 9 pm We never made it to a parade, but saw them on tv and didn't look like we missed much. I can't remember what night we went t o quest it was mid week however. It was so much fun, I have never laughed so hard. It is a must in my opinion if you have never experienced one. We departed Miami at 5 pm

We didn't need tender tickets, we just went to gang way and waited in line. never had a problem or long wait getting off the ship.when we arrived to our spot to tender in Grand Cayman, the tender boats were already swarming us, 4 of them ready to tie up to the ship. very fast getting off. I am so glad to hear this.

formal nights were Monday and Wednesday I think. We went to ice show on Wed at 5 pm, then went to cabin to get ready for formal evening dinner at 8:30 or 9 pm Glad to know this. Maybe Thurs-- the day that we are in Cozumel till 7 pm -- is a good night for Portofino. We have early seating and then we won't have to rush.

I can't remember what night we went t o quest it was mid week however. It was so much fun, I have never laughed so hard. It is a must in my opinion if you have never experienced one. We definitely won't miss this!

Thank you so much for this information!!!

Glad to know this. Maybe Thurs-- the day that we are in Cozumel till 7 pm -- is a good night for Portofino. We have early seating and then we won't have to rush.

We are doing the same thing. I am hoping for a 8 or 8:30pm reservation.

To others, I know Grand Cayman night is 2nd formal night but are you sure Monday was the formal night? I was told it was 2nd night Sunday - your first day at sea.

If it is Monday, it is Labadee day, correct? It seems odd that they switched it to a port day and have them so close together (Mon/Wed.)

To others, I know Grand Cayman night is 2nd formal night but are you sure Monday was the formal night? I was told it was 2nd night Sunday - your first day at sea.

If it is Monday, it is Labadee day, correct? It seems odd that they switched it to a port day and have them so close together (Mon/Wed.)

That's what I was thinking... I think it's Sun/Wed. I asked this on another "recent Navigator" thread. Hoping there are some responses today.

When are you going, Suzanne? We're on 2/17... very soon!

When are you going, Suzanne? We're on 2/17... very soon!

You are SO lucky! We are going 3/31 for Easter Week break. Our daughter is now in kindergarten so we don't have the luxury of off peak times anymore. I am SO excited. You will have to do a review when you get back!

I'll be on it the same itinerary in 5 days! I cannot wait, my girlfriend has never been on a cruise either. she will be so blown away by that royal promenade. If you happen to catch this post, do they have Mardi Gras night?

yes, it could have been sunday for formal night. It all seems a blurr now that I am home. Have a pile of clothes and suitcases laying on the guest bed that I will try to get to today. lots of laundry to do. i over packed of course. thats what us girls do. Chack out my post about photos when you get a chance.

Archived