Brio cruise on the Carnival Celebration...........

sassafrass

I'm not sure who Brio is or why their having chartered the whole boat has an influence on your cruise so please excuse my confusion.

Are you asking whether or not you should cruise aboard the Celebration?

Let me tell you of my experience in October 2005 aboard her. We had a family reunion and it was wonderful! Yes, the Celebration is an older and smaller ship. However what she lacks in size and "glitz" she makes up for in service, cleanliness, atmosphere and overall experience.

Our cabin and room steward were exceptional. The dining room (we tend to eat as many meals in the dining room as possible since all Lido deck buffets are just that buffets) staff and the quality of the meals were great...I say this from the standpoint of having been a caterer for many years...when an organization is trying to serve 2,000 people within a three hour period there are bound to be a few "glitches", but overall the food was well prepared, the staff friendly and willing to serve. The shows were fun, yes cruiseboard entertainment is not Broadway quality but they were still fun. The ports are much the same as most ports, in that they cater to to tourists.

In my opinion you seem to be looking for a reason NOT to cruise, if this is incorrect I do apologize, and if this is the case you won't be happy no matter what. If however you embark on this cruise with the attitude that it will be a great time, if for no other reason than spending quality time with your daughters, you will have a great time.

I love the Celebration, in many ways more than the larger ships, I hope you will as well.

No we want to cruise. The reviews on here about the Celebration are less than stellar. Brio is a Christian magazine that holds a mother/daughter cruise every 2 years. I am glad to hear someone had a good experience. We really won't know the difference because this is our first time.

Archived