Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Good day all!

[I]Jean-- I so wish I had started asking my self years ago, "if the carb item I'm about to splurge on was really worth the carbs vs taste"....I think I could have spit out 1/2 ... and I'd be 1/2 the size I am now! [/I]

That is soooooooooo true. I said it last time that when I see myself gaining weight, I would stop and start getting back on track, so I wouldn't have to do the whole program again. Well, here I am. LOL

I made it through Saturdays schedule and yes, my husband came up to the hospital and brought me a BLT salad. It was yummmmmmy. It was nice to be able to sit with him and have lunch together. That is a rare occassion. We were sooooooooooooooo busy. I work in the Emergency Department at a Childrens hospital and I guess because the weather was so nice out, all the kids forgot how to be safe. So, I never even did have time to eat dinner, but I managed to get in some veges as a snack and some meat.

Today, I tried to sleep in, but with the hour time change, I knew I had to get up and exercise. I did really well today. I was wondering what that day off was going to do, but I completed my goal.

I got finished and fixed my breakfast and now going to get some lunch fixed and then pack my dinner.

Anyone have any favorites for breakfast? I am getting in a rut of eating the same thing and I want a variety. Plus, I am having a tough time coming up with snacks for work. I can only eat so many sugar free jellos. LOL[/COLOR] Edited by Roadtripster

Good Morning!!

Jean - Yes, my maternal grandmother is Jean. She is my only living grandparent and will be turning 90 this year. She is still in excellent health, it is her mind that is going as you can probably tell by the fingernail polish remover incident. It is really hard to see her go downhill like she has but I am just thankful that I still have her here with me and that she is still in good health.

Today is day one again!! I drove all the way to Costco yesterday and forgot my card. :eek: Oh well, I did go to Kroger and get my chocolate syrup. I also stopped at the local Food Lion on my way home to get the Eggbeaters, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese. This morning I got up at 5:30 instead of the usual 6-6:30 and did a little walking. It was not quite light outside but I am determined to do my daily exercise. Work has been so slow that they layed off my assistant about 6 weeks ago and have temporarily cut my hours back to 36 a week. I sure hope this housing market turns around soon. Well, at least that will give me an extra four hours a week to do homework!! ;) I am just not feeling it this semester, I am getting pretty burnt out from school but I just have to keep plugging along. It will be worth it in the longrun!!

I hope everyone is having a happy Monday!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well....it's Monday! I am having a hard time with this time change! My internal clock was clicking along just fine....then this! We did wake up to rain this morning..we haven't had any moisture in 74 days in the whole state! :eek: So So glad for the rain...it could do this for the next few days and it would be so great - but will by gone by this afternoon. But we'll take what we can get![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Had a popcorn stall this weekend...it was good going down! :p ... But had to get back on track! Hiked the mesa yesterday and worked in the yard too...but really need to get back on that tread mill! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Donna - School can be tough! Glad you were able to get your 'stuff'.... having it on hand is the best! I helps keep you prepared! Getting to the store without your card...ugh...been there done that...hate when it happens! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]shari08 - Welcome! Good for you that you've lost almost 1/2 your goal! If you haven't already....go back and read some of the past pages...there are a lot of tips and helps there. I'm thinking you have the Atkins book...so the guidelines in there are always a help. I'll try and post some more. Drink plenty of water![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Nancy - the snack thing is tricky...don't want to much...but ya need something. A hand full of plain nuts can help! I also like the big black olives...4-5 of those and that can hold me over for awhile. Have you looked at SFS's website?[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]If your new on this thread and need some idea's, help, motivation....[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]check this out: [URL]http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/[/URL] just click on this link.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Have a great day![/FONT]

For those of you that need ideas...helps...motivation....tips....whatever- if you don't want to go back and re-read...maybe this will help you:

A Very Helpful Website:
[URL]http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/[/URL]

A great fiber-rich nighttime snack is a Pumpkin Treat, made with half a can of pumpkin and a 3-ounce block of cream cheese softened in the microwave to desired heat, with a packet of Splenda and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and even a little nutmeg. If you like, add a couple of teaspoons of psyllium husk to this for an extra 8 grams of fiber.

gooselace recipes:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped (optional)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]3 whole eggs [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1/2 cup [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]mayo [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1/2 cup heavy cream [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( or shredded Mexican mix)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]salt/pepper [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]to taste [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3](can add basil, thyme, and a bit of parsley, really any spices you like) [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]a couple of sliced mushrooms (optional)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Brown beef and onions in a skillet. Drain any liquid from skillet. Whisk [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]together eggs, mayo and cream, and spices. Mix in cheese to eggs, then [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]add to beef mixture. Pour all into a greased 8" pie pan, and bake at 350 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]degrees for 45 mins.Remove from oven and let sit 10 mins before [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]serving. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B]Crustless Quiche

[/B]1/2 LB bacon[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1 bunch green onions, sliced, or 1/2 onion sliced and cut in quarters[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]6 eggs[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]3/4 cup heavy cream[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]2 cups fresh spinach, lightly sautéed, or 1 box (10 oz) chopped spinach, thawed & drained [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Swiss, Gruyere) in any combination[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1/2 tsp. salt[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1/4 tsp. cayenne or black pepper[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Preheat oven to 350.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and chop coarsely. Drain all but 1 Tbsp drippings from pan; add onions and cook until tender. Butter 10" quiche dish (or other 3 cup dish). Cook or thaw spinach, drain and squeeze well. In large bowl combine eggs, cream, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper. Add bacon and onions. Pour into prepared pan. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Check after 1 hour, may take up to 15 min. longer. Let cool for at least 5 min. before cutting. (I actually like it better cold.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]gooselace pecan crust pumpkin pie - pg 35[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I]How about the fake mashed potatoes??? I love them!!!
Boil cauliflower then mash with butter, cream cheese & I put in garlic salt and heavy cream then put in glass dish and bake with cheddar cheese and bacon bits on top till melted YUMMY!!
[/I]
[I]These nuts are Awesome!! Great for picnic's and camping too! [/I]
[FONT=Times New Roman] [COLOR=green]Spiced Pecans --

1 egg white (or equivalent of "Just Whites")[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=green][FONT=Times New Roman]2 Tbsp water[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1/4 cup Splenda[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Beat egg white with water until foamy, gradually adding 1/4 cup Splenda. Add 3 to 4 cups pecans. Drain.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Combine (or sift together)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1/2 cup Splenda (spoonable, obviously)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1/4 tsp. ground ginger[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1 tsp ground cloves[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1 Tbsp ground cinnamon [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Add nuts and stir until all are coated.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Spread nuts on cookie sheet (lined with foil, Release, if you have)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Bake at 250 degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. It's okay to have a few stick together, rather than all separate[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#008000][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#008000]and......[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=green]Hey, I have a similiar "recipe" if you will because there is no recipe really for spiced nuts. It's the same basic concept only it's not sweet. You use a small amount of salt, a dash (to your taste) to 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of turmeric and up to 2 Tbls of curry powder or garam masala. Otherwise you follow the basic recipe. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]So I hope this might be a good page to give you fresh ideas...and a list for grocery shopping.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]One of the things that is very cool about going back to gather this information is to see how many Atkineers have come through this thread..some have posted a lot, some just a few times, but what kind of struck me was that there were some really great cyber friendships that were created through those posts! Everyone had good days and months and not so good days and months. So many said how much better they felt eating low carb...hope you are still feeling that way! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Well,...here's to a new week, new posters, old posters, and just trying to win at the battle of being over weight and needing some help to do it![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Have a great Monday![/COLOR]

Jean thanks for the welcome and great ideas!! I [I]wish[/I] I only had half my goal to lose..I still have 15 more to go..lol. I've checked out SFS's website and she is def a testimony to how successful Atkins is. I may try that gooselace recipe tonight. :) Edited by shari08

You are too funny.

Thanks for the recipe. I too am going to try the gooselace recipe on Tuesay. That is the only day my husband and I get to eat together during the week, so I try to make a big nice meal for us. We both love the mock mashe potatoes. I can never get mine like potatoe consistancy so I just call it my cauliflower casserole. I usually make some kind of dessert too. My husband is a diabetic so he benefits from my atkins meals too. Plus, he just about eats anything.

I need to find time to get to the store and stock back up on some things. My celery went limp big time when I last got it. I couldn't believe it. After a couple of pieces, it was a goner. My carrots are getting a little old now too. I have a little bit of nuts left and need some more boxes of sf jello. My husband eats the heck out of that. I can't keep it made.

Today I had a chili salad for lunch. It was suppose to be a chili burito, but I didn't eat the burrito and had extra lettuce as the "base" and all the chili and extras on top of it. It was yummy and filling.

I got my pushups and situps in today too. I am doing the exercise thread on here that is all about a 100 pushup/200 situp 6 week program. Quite an interesting thread and link. Check it out. I am doing those on the alternate day as my basic military training program days. Working out well. In fact, I am not that sore in my upper arms so I am surprising myself how far along I am at.

I finally have an off day Tuesday! I am going shopping - clothes and shoe shopping!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Finally, a nice night to grill out - steaks n salad...It gives me summer fever! ha! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]How's everyone doing? [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tried the pushups - really hard on my shoulders and neck...but I like to work with weights better. Lots of people are doing that work out though! Good Job![/FONT]

Today was day number two and so far so good!! I had set the alarm clock to go off at 5:30 this morning so that I could go walking before I got ready for work. I must have hit the off button instead of snooze because I did not wake up until 8:30!:eek: Haven is supposed to be at school at 7:55 and I am supposed to be at work at 8:00. Of course running late always makes for a bad day. I jumped up and ran into the living room yelling upstairs to Haven to hurry up and get up cuz I had overslept. Then I am running around like crazy trying to get ready and make my shake before I walk out the door. I made it to work at 9:30. Not too bad if you consider everything I had to do in that one hour. I did not take a lunch hour today since I came in 1 1/2 hours late but cooked some chicken wings in the toaster oven at work. Gotta love those Tyson hot wings. Three wings have only one gram of carbs. I am so tempted to get on the scales but I will wait until Monday. It is about time to get the sticks out and start testing!!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful low carb week. We had another beautiful day in North Carolina and expecting the high to be in the 80's tomorrow. Then on Thursday the expected high is 39!! No wonder we keep getting sick. :rolleyes:

Tuesday!! Yay, a day off.

I started with my exercise routine and felt good doing that. Then I tried a couple of recipes off the sugarfreesheila site. Wonderful site and great ideas.

For breakfast I had "pancakes" and bacon. Sugar Free Tang. That tang sure helps me with my craving for orange juice.

Then I went shopping. Trying to find red shoes and they just aren't in the stores. Not much of a selection yet for spring/summer clothes, so that all was a bust. I tried the site link of sheilas that took you to the site that tells you what jean style and size would best fit you and bra style. So I wrote them all down and tried a bunch on today. They actually were better than what I am wearing now. l will definitely get me some when they go on sale and I am a smaller size.

Lunch was a vege plate as I got home late and knew I would be fixing dinner in a few hours. What a dinner it was. LOL We had mexican and I fixed the gooselace recipe listed above, except I added taco seasoning. FABULOUS! Between the two of us, it is gone. My husband loved it. We had our first serving with all the trimmings - lettuce, cheese, etc... his second serving he had it plain. Such a simple meal and so easy to fix. I also fixed refried beans and low carb carmel apple enchiladas. Yum too. Sooooo sweet. You would never know low carb.

Also did some laundry and cleaned out part of the garage and emptied out some boxes we have storage stuff in and then I took a long hot soak in the tub. After the physical day I had, I needed it. Edited by Roadtripster

Hi! Hope you dont mine a newbie, I just wanted to say I really enjoy reading this thread. It really has helped get me started with doing a low carb diet. I'm still in the induction stage, and am loving it. The weight is just melting off. :D
I'm working out an hour a day for at least 5 days a week. So I hope to be at my goal in a few months. I want to drop 40lbs. I started at 176
and am down 14lbs over the last few weeks.
I love all the new recipe ideas, I hope to try a few of them this week.

Hi everyone! I just started induction today! :eek: Not too bad so far, but I decided to go the Atkins route after reading a bunch of your posts and visiting the Sugar Free Sheila site. Thanks for all the sharing ya'll have been doing. I want to lose 45-50 pounds. I have a caribbean cruise first week of May so would be nice to lose a few before then, but would really like to focus on altering my eating habits permanently. I have a few questions from those who have been on the program a while. When can I expect my appetite to decrease? And where do I get the strips to test for ketosis? Can't wait to see some results! Thanks for your help!:D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Everyone that's glad it's finally Wednesday...raise your hand! me! me! Middle of the week...so glad it's here![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Pork chops on the grill for dinner....broccoli & cauliflower with a slice of cheddar cheese melted on top, decaf iced tea. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][U][COLOR=darkgreen]All Newbies Welcome, Old Posters Wanted-You Know Who You ARE!! and Howdy to my Low Carb buddies that hang in here with me![/COLOR][/U][/I] :p[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]sports-mom: Welcome! And congrats on the 14 lbs! Already exercising too! Good for you...and your results? "[FONT=Verdana]The weight is just melting off. [/FONT]:D" Being a sports Mom ( I was too when son was younger) means lots of practice time and warm ups and after game talks....what a great way to incorporate that time at the fields/gyms etc... to keep your body moving through the day! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]ceb1160: Welcome to you too! Remember that when sitting down to eat....that you eat until your comfortable...not stuffed or cleaning up that last bite on your plate..eat so that you can tell your tummy is satisfied. Also: Don't confuse being thirsty with always hungry...be sure to dring pleanty of water ! This is your first day....We all had to start somewhere... Give yourself a few days to adjust...see how your feeling next week on your appetite. Strips can be found at any Walgreen's, Walmart, Target....any place that has a pharmacy type area.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Nancy: Enjoy that day off...you've earned it!!!!!:)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Donna: Those days happen to the best of us!! LOL :p But you sure recovered nicely! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Went hiking last night...about 3/4 of the way to the car...heard something running up behind us...it was Flip! 2 yr old yellow lab....After our walk, the dogs played for at least another 1/2 hr...so it was a very calm evening and I slept soo good! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]How about you? Do you notice how good you sleep after working out? [/FONT] Edited by NMCruzzin

[quote name='ceb1160']Hi everyone! I just started induction today! :eek: Not too bad so far, but I decided to go the Atkins route after reading a bunch of your posts and visiting the Sugar Free Sheila site. Thanks for all the sharing ya'll have been doing. I want to lose 45-50 pounds. I have a caribbean cruise first week of May so would be nice to lose a few before then, but would really like to focus on altering my eating habits permanently. I have a few questions from those who have been on the program a while. When can I expect my appetite to decrease? And where do I get the strips to test for ketosis? Can't wait to see some results! Thanks for your help!:D[/quote]

Hi Ceb!! I'm cruising the first week of May too!! Hope to drop at least 15 by then. For me, my appetite surpressed within 5-7days..when in really deep ketosis. Also, I purchased keto strips from Walmart. HTH.

Also, welcome Sport-mom!! :) Edited by shari08

[quote name='NMCruzzin']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Pork chops on the grill for dinner....broccoli & cauliflower with a slice of cheddar cheese melted on top, decaf iced tea. [/FONT]
[/quote] Yum!! Am I invited? A perfect lc dinner. :D

Thanks everyone for the quick replys.... I guess I wasn't that hungry b/c I had eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning before I posted and I am just now eating a chicken salad (it is 1:45pm). Normally I would have been starved by now.....but I was also starting each morning off with 2 blueberry muffin tops! :D Anywho...I think I will go get some strips today. Does diet coke count as a carb? It says 0 but I am a little confused. I like to drink a half of one at lunch and want to make sure I am accounting for everything. I can't believe that I get to eat full fat ranch dressing! I feel like I am getting away with something! ;)

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Yay! New losers! Welcome, welcome!

Sorry I have been MIA, such a busy time ~ spend most of it out 'digging in the dirt', but not my flower beds...yet, anyway...that comes later when things that don't sell are 'orphaned' & they find a good home in my flower beds ~ yes, you could say I have some of the prettiest ones around some years, when Texas is not in a drought because it does take lots of time to water all that stuff! (Yes, my friends & family get to benefit too!:p)

Re: keto sticks ~ not really necessary if the weight is already coming off & you can tell you are losing well. I used them the first time last summer when I was at a standstill weight wise & guess what? Deep purple, but no weight loss...hmmmm...They are also kinda pricey, so I only use them occasionally to check that I am not incorporating too many carbs. It's been mentioned maybe to even cut them in two length-wise, but they are skinny, so I never tried that....

Jean, funny you are having 'pork choppa loppas' too. I threw a big sweet potato into the crock pot to halve with DH (not in induction right now, so I'm allowing it ~ yum, it will also be like my dessert!) Also some asparagus, which I do love, love, love too!

Sooo cold right now here, will have to build a fire once again ~ love the warmth, hate the mess... One day short shorts, the next day fleece!

Keep up the good work, y'all. Don't forget to keep referencing the Atkins book too!
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[I][COLOR="Purple"]Hello loosers! LOL Does that sound nice or not????

I had a great day on my day off and got back to business at home today. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night so I sleep in a little this morning. I jumped out of bed as I knew I wanted to get a lot done.

I got my exercise in and my breakfast which was a western style scrambled egg, bacon and sf grape juice. I am improving on my situps and pushups and really not all that sore.
I seem to be liking my mornings, even with that exercise in. LOL

I had a ton of work to do on the computer at home and then ended up doing a disk cleanup and fragmenting it. Now I should be ready to rock and roll through all the websites at a faster speed.

Think tonight I am going to surf the internet for some more recipes. I love to cook and find it interesting to see if I can really fix something tasty low carb. Actually, a lot of things are tasty that are low carb and people don't even know it.

Welcome aboard even newer newbies than me!!

Nancy[/COLOR][/I]

[quote name='ceb1160']Shari08 - What cruise are you on? We are going on the Enchantment leaving May 2nd.[/quote]

We're going on the Liberty of the Seas..May 9th. :) I'm not a big soda drinker but when I do drink one I don't count it as a carb. I agree, I love the fat that you don't have to eat 'low-fat' to lose weight.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Good Morning![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] So good to see all of you posting!:D And it's great that you have Cruises to look forward too! Aren't they so much fun?!?![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]So I wanted to just give the newbies a little tip for creating quick meals for breakfast: When you've taken the time to cook something beef or pork on the grill for supper...save a small portion to the side,cut in bite sizes and store in a container for over night. In the morning a small pan with a little butter, the meat from supper get it warmed up - toss in something that you really like, maybe a little onion, green chili, bell pepper a fresh mushroom(1/4 - 1/2 cup) (if you have some of these items already cleaned and chopped in a small baggie or container-this cuts down on time for prep) ... add your eggs and top with cheese... and waaa laa your omelet for the morning! I've used steaks, pork chops and even ribs! It makes a nice variety from bacon or sausage. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Diet Sodas - If your on induction...I'd stay off of them. When you've hit goal - OR- it's a special dinner out..party... something like that... have one! If you feel like that it would be a reward for a loss...or a splurge ... you might try that. I know after awhile ...all the water ... I have to have some de-caf iced tea or herb tea too! We need a little variety!! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Cerabella - Missed ya Girl! Good to see you back! Now, when am I going to see your pics of your flowers on our other thread? I have my link to my current pics of Hannah on my signature...I think that would be a community that you'd enjoy...check it out! Can I say I'm so glad for you that you have a job that keeps you moving!! I make excuses to go up and down the stairs here and park pretty far away just to get some walking in during work hours! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Nancy - Share any recipes that you have! And good job on those work outs![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Have a great day everyone! [/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Yeah, yeah [I]some[/I] of us are losers, some (did someone mention my name?) are maintainers!!:p I have decided sometime in the near future I [I]have[/I] to get my thyroid checked because surely something is to blame besides my mouth....:( It's just not right...but I wouldn't dare eat any other way, nonetheless!

Isn't it kinda funny that the one thing we [I]can[/I] do is eat & be satisfied. I rarely feel 'hungry' in the sense that the old tummy growls & you feel ravenous ~ unless I somehow skip a meal or find myself out & about without a snack or backup plan. Now, variety is another matter...I sometimes look at that hunk of meat (no, not my DH!) & wonder what in the world am I gonna do with [I]that[/I]! Hehe...

Today ~ omelet for breakfast (kindly made by that other hunk of meat, DH);)
Lunch ~ pork chop, veggie soup
Supper ~ chicken something or another:confused:

Donna-welcome back, girl, hope you have success & can reverse some of that eating off plan!! Cool pic of the horse/ocean! One of my goals, tho DH thinks it a waste of $ since I have horses (3), yet rarely ride them...hmmm, might be different with all that beautiful sand & surf!!

Jean-YAY!! I [I]did [/I]look thru your pics the other day ~ must say, fabulous shots of the little super model!! Loved the black & white ones esp ( actually used to love shooting black/white, even developed my own for a while) I have thought about uploading to that site, but don't know if I want to spend the time - I know for me it would be just another 'addiction', but time will tell!

Shari, Road, Ceb, Sports: great to hear from you! Hang in there! We can do it!!
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Cerabella - Thanks!! I am back on track and feeling good! I had an issue this morning cuz Haven broke my blender.:eek: I held it together long enough to fix my shake this morning and ran to Wal-mart at lunch to get another one!! ;) I just cant do without my morning shakes. I am going to do my very best to stay on track this time. Here is another picture from our December cruise. Haven loved the horseback riding but of course she is horse crazy!!:D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Happy Friday![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] Rainy here...that's ok with me...we need it and it'll be in the 70's again by Tuesday! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Donna...wow girl..you've had quite a week! How fun to pick out a new blender though huh?!!? I'm glad your already feeling good about your WOE!! Horses - water - beach = fun and vacation...now who doesn't love that!!? Ha! :D:p[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Cerabella... If you used to do your own B&W....I bet you have a great collection of pics to share! ;) Sometimes we need that next step to the Dr...just to make sure everything is ok! I had parathyroid surgery about 1 1/2 yr ago...what a difference it's made for me!!! I hope you get some of this rain we have today...I know TX needs the moisture too! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's been fun .... bumping ... into some of you guys on other threads! :)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Have a great weekend everyone![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's your Fork and it's your choice!![/FONT]

Happy Friday the 13th!

What a day it is going to be for me. I got up early to exercise and did so. Even bumped up my amounts of situps and pushups. Have a feeling I might be at this number for awhile. It was tough.

I fixed breakfast while I was on the phone talking to my best friend who lives out of town. I talked to her for over an hour. LOL I was explaining my "pancakes" to her and she just didn't get it. She just started on weight watchers and is having a horrible time. She is hungry all the time and is counting down the minutes till she can eat again. I tried to explain to her what all I do and how I am not hungry, to drink lots of water etc... Maybe she just needs to get through the first week and figure it out.

My lunch I think is going to be Tuna Fish Salad. Not sure what all I will have with it. I sure would love some crackers, so maybe a handful of wheat thins to get that crunch crave out of the way.

I do miss the crunchy stuff the most!

Then off to work. Actually I am doing a double again but this time, overnight. I will work Friday 3pm - Saturday 7am.

I plan on taking a meat and vege Lean Cuisine with me, some good snacks and my water.

Then I will come home and take a nap, wake up, go exercise and we were suppose to go out to eat with some friends, but they just cancelled. So........ I am going to see if my husband wants to still go out and eat and spend that money, OR if we stay home, I fix something and we put that money we would have spent on dinner into the cruise money jar!! Let's see what he says. LOL

Jean- I know what you mean about seeing others here on other threads. I am finally getting to recognize some names.