Tipping on POA

KDulko

I don't want to spark a debate about whether it SHOULD be this way.... but I'd like to know, for those people who have tipped in addition to NCL's "service charge" how did you handle tipping for the maitre d' and wine sommilier...did you tip them each night (each time you used their services)? Did anyone have any luck tipping the maitre d' to avoid the wait for a table? I know it's tacky to ask...but did it work? ;)

Tipping to avoid the wait wouldn't work. There were too many people also waiting for a table and it just wouldn't have been fair. We tipped our head waiter cash each night and that's because he took the time to let us know what was going on. He told us he was sorry that the food takes so long but that all of the restaurants on this ship are all waiting for the same kitchen line to get the food ready. He never let us just sit and wonder where the food was. We were actually entertained and learned a lot about what was happening with the staff by talking with him. I did write a letter to NCL and named him as one of their best. So, my advice is to sit back and relax, enjoy the cruise. Get to dinner early and avoid those lines.

Archived