Suggestions for celebrating daughter's 7th birthday on board?

Jotul

Anyone have any suggestions for celebrating my daughter's 7th birthday on board the Liberty of the Seas?

I plan to get the cabin decorated and order a cake for her for dinner that night.

Not sure about presents. Can I taked them wrapped on a plane? Or, would I have to wrap them once on board. Not sure what type of gifts to even bring - small ones that don't take a lot of luggage room, I guess. She's a girly-girl who loves to read.

She's a great kid who's been through a lot this year, so any ideas to make this day as special as she, I'd appreciate it. :)

No wrapped gifts as carry-on and they are not even suggested in check through. If anything in check through, use a gift bag.

Most ship's on-board shops have a limited toy selection including stuffed animals, if you DD is anything like mine, another stuffed animal is aways welcome. We did an all-ship treasure hunt with my DD on her last b-day on board. I wrote up clues (and enlisted the help of a few crew members) and then raced in front of her and her father placing each of the next clues - it culminated in the dining room where our waiter had the "treasure" (a small plush seahorse) -- the Matre'd arranged with the kid's club for a Mini-Inky key chain (RCCI's Adventure Ocean's mascot is a blue octopus named Inky).

Also the cruise:

+ Having the room decorated is great, or you can bring your own simple bday decorations for the cabin - crepe paper, balloons and the like are lightweight and take up little room. If she is a heavy sleeper you can put them up while she is asleep and she'll wake up to them.

+ If you are on a line that allows you to decorate your cabin door - be certain to do so!

+ Inquire ahead as to whether the kids program on your cruise allows a child to bring in treats (non-food to keep out of any import restrictions and/or food allergy concerns). Oriental Trading has some great little trinkets at low prices.

+ Let her plan the day - what excursion or what activities does SHE want to do?

+ Have someone hand paint a t-shirt with "birthday girl" - surprise her with it on her big day. Or get a commercially prepared shirt or button

+ If your extended family is not joining you on the cruise, have them all sign a card and include a fun picture of themselves to wish her a happy birthday, you could do the same with some of her school friends - surprise her with the cards on her b-day.

+ Finally be certain the wait staff and others at your table know it is her b-day.

As for other gifts, a couple of travel games and books for the trip home would be perfect.

After the cruise - pre-plan a get-together with the extended family. Combo B-day / look at our cruise pictures. Make certain to use a Tropical island theme.

A children's digital camera might make a good gift since she could use it on the cruise. Fisher Price has an excellent camera which is sturdy and well-designed for children. There are other brands which are less expensive but have the corresponding problems. You can read reviews on various cameras on the Target website and others I am sure.

We have celebrated my oldest's daughter birthday on Disney Magic and we will be leaving in 16 days to celebrate my youngest's 3rd birthday on RCCL Freedom of the Seas.

I ordered the decorations and the cake too.

I am having RCCL send the one gift package to her. And I am going to take her to the gift shop and let her purchase whatever kid item she wants.

We planned a family party for the weeked before and that's where I am going to give her the bigger presents (bike, sand/water table)

For my oldest, she loved being able to pick out whatever she wanted on the ship.

Also, there ARE companies that deliver gift baskets to the cruise ships. I know there is a list of them that people have posted on the RCCL board. They can make whatever kind of basket you want.

Archived