Southwest Price Drop!!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

englishlady

Im a bit of lurker on this board - well .... a BIG lurker on this board and don't post often .... but I just HAD to share this!

The moment Southwest published their latest schedules (back on April 26th), I booked our family of 4 from Long Island to Ft. Lauderdale for $200 (taxes included) per person. Not a bad deal I though. Then, in response to notice of some "special" fares, I checked the fares last Thursday and noticed they had gone down! Woo Hoo! I rebooked for a total of a $200 savings on our booking. Yay! Just for the heck of it, I just checked the pricing again and it had gone down AGAIN! Another $40 in savings!

I think the special pricing may only be available until May 17, so if you have any Southwest flights booked, I suggest you check the pricing right away! You can easily get the credit (Southwest hold it to be applied to other air for a period of 12 months). You can do it all online without having to call them. Eazy Peazy!!!!

So it just goes to show, it really does pay to keep checking pricing - as frequently as possible. You never know ... and it's so thrilling to get a price reduction!:)

I too have had the luck of rate drops on SWA.... but the catch is you have to use the price difference in future travel credit up to 1 year. I have been lucky enough to use all my savings for flights over the years. This now is done by most carriers if you call and ask them. But sometimes if you have booked on the internet and then call the airline, they will charge a processing fee for the rate reduction too.

Good heads up and I am sure others willcheck often with any airline !

PS.... I am hoping SWA will open up their fares before June and extend behyond Novemebr 2nd as I am in need of some air for thanksgiving return flights to PIT !

I too have had the luck of rate drops on SWA.... but the catch is you have to use the price difference in future travel credit up to 1 year. I have been lucky enough to use all my savings for flights over the years. This now is done by most carriers if you call and ask them. But sometimes if you have booked on the internet and then call the airline, they will charge a processing fee for the rate reduction too.

Good heads up and I am sure others willcheck often with any airline !

PS.... I am hoping SWA will open up their fares before June and extend behyond Novemebr 2nd as I am in need of some air for thanksgiving return flights to PIT !

According to their Travel Center, Southwest will open up fares thru January on June 28.

LL

Yes, I saw that too, but they have said one thing in the past and snuck it in earlier when you weren't expecting it, and also gone beyond the date that they stated on their website. I am hoping they open it up earlier this time !

Archived