Carnival Freedom vs. Explorer or Voyager of the Seas

jonsmom

Hi Everyone

I have been away from the boards for a long time. We are considering a cruise next April and we have always sailed RCCL but I am loooking for somethinng different and I am considering the Carnival Freedom.

Can anyone give me any pros/cons of The Freedom? I know its relatively new, but as far as dining goes, or whatever.

Do they have a type of freestyle dining? Is there a buffett for dinner rather than going to the formal dining room?

Tell me about the decor of Carnival.

Any info would be helpful.

jonsmom

I have been on both Carnival and RCCL and I think they are pretty comparable BUT Carnival ships cannot compare to the Voyager / Explorer ships. The promenade is just that amazing. I found on the Carnival ships that you almost always wind up on a floor that doesn't go through, and have to go up and down stairs to get where you want to go or even need to walk through one of the dining rooms. On the Voyager of the Seas, you can just go to the promenade, and then go from there. Everything else is about the same. I think Carnival has better buffets, but RCCL has better food in the dining rooms. I also like the idea of being able to get whatever is on the dinner menu through room service. Carnival only has cold item on the room service menu. My husband and I base our choice on price and itinerary. Carnival does have a better past guest program in my opinion. We always get an upgrade when we book, even after having just cruised once with them.

Archived