Nassau with toddler – Jitney, Cab, Shore Excursion, Ferry, or Walking

eki

Hi! We will be docked in Nassau at the end of July and are traveling with our 21 month old. We have seen Atlantis before, and would really like to see the “true” Bahamas. (As much as we can with a toddler :).) I should mention, we’re only in port from 9:30-3. I’ve been reading through the posts – which have been really helpful. What I’m trying to figure out is what would be best with a little one. Any help would be appreciated!!

Here’s what I’ve thought of so far:

Jitney vs. Cab vs. Shore Excursion: I was thinking about Ardastra Gardens. (My son loves the zoo here.) My question is – what’s the best way to get there? With a cab, we could take a car seat, which I think would be the safest, but I’m not sure how the taxi’s are there (crazy drivers?). (Plus, we’d have to lug the car seat around.) The other options are the official shore excursion (I would assume that would be a bigger bus) or the jitney bus with no car seat. Any thoughts of the safety/best mode of transportation to use?

Walking: I have read the great walking tour post and would love to see the sights. Any idea how strenuous this would be with one in a stroller? Are there lots of places to stop and rest?

Ferry: Last time we took the ferry to Atlantis. I think my son would really like riding on the ferry. Is there anywhere else that the ferry goes to that might be an interesting option?

Thanks in advance!

We took a cab and they didnt drive crazy it was 5 a piece and worth it not having to sit and wait on the jitney. Also I really enjoyed walking around Nassau and taking in the sights and talking with some of the locals,they were all very friendly and helpful.

Archived