need a beach with shade

cruzobsessed

hoping to spend the day at renaissance island but in case that's not possible.....i need a beach with shade. my husband loves looking at the water but hates to bake in the sun.:)
Yes, Ren Island offers shade palapas as well as Palm trees as seen below:

416453613_36efc3f370.jpg?v=0

Do be aware though that in order to purchase a day pass to the island, the resort must be below 90% occupancy. My suggestion, especially since I believe you are traveling late December (???), would be to have a back up plan for the day's activities. I know we were going to attempt this on December 31 last year but figured it would be a waste of our time. I later did find out that the hotel was totally sold out over Christmas/New Years. You can always contact the resort and verifiy that this is indeed still their policy.

• 4 weeks later...

I understand that you are very concerned about this issue. I was in the exact same position last Christmas on our cruise.

Others here continue to post that hotels are renting chaise lounges and use of facilities so I say go for it.

Otherwise if you want a back up plan check out some of these threads for thought starters.

Question about Palm Beach?

Photos of Eagle or Palm beach

Aruba Beach~Help!

Arubalisa, question about beach

Suggestions for inexpensive way to spend our day..Day at Palm Beach Price Breakdown

Our family made out real well renting chaises and shade last year from one of the vendors on Palm Beach. Turned out to be a VERY enjoyable day.

• 2 weeks later...

MooMba beach is an inexp day at the beach where there is shade, freshwater showers, restaurant and bar which welcome cruise ship guests with open arms. Chair rentals are $3 each. There is every watersport avail close by as well.

If you take the public bus, jump off at Holiday Inn, walk through the lobby and walk next door to the right. By cab this is a $10 apprx fare.

Archived