Anchorage restaurant recommendations, please

gopackgo

Can any of you who have been to Anchorage recommend a couple of good restaurants? We are looking for good lunch places as well as nicer dinner places. We'll have 2 full days there before our cruise in June. We'll be staying at the Marriott downtown and have read that there are several good restaurants downtown.

Thanks!

Ginny

For lunch we enjoyed Humpy's Steakhouse. For nice dinner we enjoyed Marx Bros and Saks. Very close together.

Larry

Fantasy 08/99
Ecstacy 05/00
Westerdam 04/01
Legend of the Seas 08/02
Zaandam 04/03
Carnival Spirit 08/03

The Brewhouse is the best! Great atomosphere and food, you'll need a reservation! It's also within walking distance to everything downtown. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

Glacier Brewhouse, Orso and Humpy's are the standards downtown. Alaska Gourmet Subs is great, it's on 7th and F, two blocks from the Marriott. There's also hot dog stand on every corner downtown (well not quite but almost), if you want to try a reindeer hotdog while you're here. For pizza, go to Moose's Tooth on the Seward Highway just north of 36th. For really good sandwhiches, Muffin Man Cafe is just across the street from the Marriott on 6th. They've also got great muffins too, but get there early. If you like seafood, downtown on 5th across from the mall is the salmon place. I can't remember what it's called, but you can't miss it, they have a huge outdoor seating area. Hope that helps.

auburngirl,

We will be in Anchorage June 10th until the 12th.

Thanks to all of you for your recommendations. I am going to print these posts before I leave to take along.

Can't wait to see Alaska!

Ginny

If anyone has more recommendations, please continue to add them.

Hey gopackgo - Where are you from? I'm from Fond du Lac - got to assume you're from GB or close!

Enjoy your cruise and post some of the highlights upon your return. We don't get to go until 7/28 so I'm living vicariously thru other cruisers!

Carnival Spirit - 1st Time Cruisers
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;28;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]

Hi Fondy,

You guessed it. I am from Green Bay. We have been down here in Texas for 14 years but we still are Packer fans. We get home often and try to get to a game once a year. Do you get to games?

Have a great cruise to Alaska. We can't wait!

Ginny

To Gopackgo: We're lucky in that my father-in-law has had season tickets since day one. Also, the family biz has a bunch of season tickets so we take clients to all home games. We think this is the year! Have you been to Lambeau since the remodel - it's wonderful! New and modern with all the tradition intact.

Happy Sailing!

Carnival Spirit - 1st Time Cruisers
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;28;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]

Fondy,

Yes, I have been to the newer stadium. We went to its dedication ceremony last year. I really like it - it looks great and finally has some nice places to eat and drink.

I am leaving tomorrow to go up there for a few days to see my family. I will be eating a buttery Kroll's hamburger right across from the stadium at least once.

Yeah, keep your fingers crossed for them this year!

You are lucky to have so many ways to get tickets for the games!

Ginny

Archived