Dawn AF vs BA questions

arenee

We are sailing the Dawn on March 2, 2008. We are trying to decide between an AF or BA cabin. We were on the Sun last year and had a mini suite which we loved. I have a couple questions regarding the AF cabins on the Dawn.

1. I read on another thread that the concierge will make dinner reservations for you the entire week if you fill out a form. Is that correct or did I misunderstand?

2. Do you get priority tender tickets in the AF?

3. Does the Dawn set aside seats in the showroom for mini suite/suite passengers. I noticed on the Jewel they do this. I don't know if mini suite guests qualify.

4. Do you get priority embark and debark?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Arenee - I will try to answer you questions. I have been on the Dawn 2x and have my third time booked for 4/08 to Bermuda. We always stay in a an AF Mini Suite #11100.

1. Concierge - I have used them in the past for reservations, but not for the whole week at a time. I have heard though that AF Cat. will not be able to get that service after the 1st of the year. It was easy enough to make reservations though.

2. Tender tickets - I have only tendered one time at the private island and was not given any priority tickets. I think that is reserved for PH, Owners Suites, and Garden Villa.

3. Show Seating - I have only been to a show 1 time and was not offered any special seating. Probably was offered to the rooms suites I listed in #2.

4. Embark / Disembark - I was never offered that, but I paid the $250 toward a future cruise (good deal) on my last cruise and got Priority Disembark.

I hope I have helped you. I have never seen the BA cabins, but, the differences between the 2 rooms that I know of are - the couch in the BA opens for single sleeping, and the couch in the AF opens to a full size. The bathroom in the AF has a tub, whereas the BA just has a shower stall. In the AF you also get the use of Robes. The AF is also a bit bigger than the BA. If the price difference isn't that great I would take the AF. Good luck with your decisions.

The AF mini-suites no longer have Concierge service. So, now the only real difference between the two is the size. AF's are bigger than the BA's. I imagine the price of the AF's will soon reflect this change (I hope so anyway). I don't know about priority tender or embarkation/disembarkation. We've only sailed in a PH. So, sorry can't answer that.

Whatever cabin you choose, you'll have a blast! The Dawn is an awesome ship. We'll be sailing for the third time on her next June.

Thank you both. I didn't realize the concierge service was going away. It looks like the real difference is the tub, the size of the cabin and the deck. I think we are going to go w/ the mini suite. Thanks again.

Karen & 2cruise4ever, thank you so much for your responses. I didn't realize the concierge service was being discontinued in the mini suites. Other than restaurant reservations I don't think I would have used the concierge anyway. The size of the cabin is truly the most important thing for us. I think we are going to go with the mini suite. Thanks again for your help.

Archived